X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jph
    replied
    Originally posted by Artful Dodger View Post
    I dont know about the other hubs, but the stock e30 hubs are good for an ET 20 wheel. The z3 6 cyl hub in the e30 arm is good for an ET 40 wheel. So the Z3 hub is 20 mm further out from the bearing then the e30.

I dont know about the e30 M3.
    Ok, thanks. Good to know. I THINK the E30 M3 rear hubs retain the factory non-M hub face location. This is based on the research I have been doing.

Leave a comment:

• Artful Dodger
    replied
    I dont know about the other hubs, but the stock e30 hubs are good for an ET 20 wheel. The z3 6 cyl hub in the e30 arm is good for an ET 40 wheel. So the Z3 hub is 20 mm further out from the bearing then the e30.

I dont know about the e30 M3.

Leave a comment:

• jph
    replied
    Originally posted by Artful Dodger View Post
    5 lug rear is easy.

If you already have a 325i or is, buy Z3 6cyl hubs, new bearings and press out the old bearings with the old hubs and install the new components.

This will get you rear 5 lug that will fit stock e36 wheel fitments. IE 17x8.5 et 40.

as for brakes, I used Z4 rear rotors. these are vented instead of solid. But, I am using aftermarket calipers, so this my not work for you.
    Is there any difference between 6 cylinder Z3 hubs and E30 M3 hubs in the rear? Do the Z3 rear hubs cause a change in offset from stock?

Leave a comment:

• Artful Dodger
    replied
    5 lug rear is easy.

If you already have a 325i or is, buy Z3 6cyl hubs, new bearings and press out the old bearings with the old hubs and install the new components.

This will get you rear 5 lug that will fit stock e36 wheel fitments. IE 17x8.5 et 40.

as for brakes, I used Z4 rear rotors. these are vented instead of solid. But, I am using aftermarket calipers, so this my not work for you.

Leave a comment:

• dirty30
    replied
    you dont want those Z3 trailing arms unless you want to swap to Ti hubs

look here:

Leave a comment:

• henna 3ree
    started a topic 5 lug help

5 lug help

Good Morning!

i have a chance to buy a 4/1997 z3 rear trailing arms and brake's for a good price but i don't know if they will work on my e30 for a 5 lug conversion. Anyone with knowledge on this subject please help.
    thank you in advance!
Working...
X