Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wazzu70
    replied
    Gotcha. In that case the geometry is retained. Somehow I missed he was using a sleeve on the soindle versus using E36/E46 parts.

Sorry for the confusion :(

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    No with the kit he is using he gets to retain proper suspension geometry because he's not touching a suspension. He is using a kit that allows you to bolt on 5 lug front hubs and run e46 M3 brakes on the regular 4 lug e30 suspension.

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    No, people pay big bucks for the M3 stuff to get 5 lug with correct suspension geometry.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
    And proper suspension geometry....
    Both ways you retain proper suspension geometry

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea View Post
    I'm the guy who is currently trying to trade with you, but I thought I would just weigh in on here. The M3 stuff doesn't really add any benefit than slightly bigger brakes and 5 lug over the regular e30 stuff. Since you are going turbo S52 I would definitely have to agree with your buddy. Bigger brakes are always better. The only advantage the M3 stuff really has is slightly better wheel fitment.
    And proper suspension geometry....

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    I'm the guy who is currently trying to trade with you, but I thought I would just weigh in on here. The M3 stuff doesn't really add any benefit than slightly bigger brakes and 5 lug over the regular e30 stuff. Since you are going turbo S52 I would definitely have to agree with your buddy. Bigger brakes are always better. The only advantage the M3 stuff really has is slightly better wheel fitment.

Leave a comment:

• PRF3CT
    started a topic E30 M3 parts vs 5 lug conversion parts

E30 M3 parts vs 5 lug conversion parts

I got my hands on the front e30 M3 setup. My buddy told me the conversion kit with the e46 M3 front brakes would probability be better for my needs. I want to swap my spare S52 and turbo the car.

Anyone have experience with either setups? Any recommendations?
Working...
X