Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Verify my proposed 5 lug setup before I purchase!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Verify my proposed 5 lug setup before I purchase!

    Apologies if something similar has been discussed, but I searched and read most of the major 5 lug threads with not an entirely clear and solid answer to my question.


    I'm currently running e38 style 5s on 18mm adapters, and I want to ditch the adapters so I feel like 5 lug is the way to go. Yes, buying 4x100 wheels might be cheaper, but I do like the idea of upgrading my brake system while I'm at it.

    Anyways, here's the list I'm thinking of:

    For the rear-
    SRS Concept rear caliper adapters
    eBay link
    Z4 hubs (33416752381)
    E46 328 (or 330) Rear Calipers
    E46 328 (or 330) Rear Rotors

    For the front-
    Max399 5 lug front kit
    eBay link
    E46 328 (or 330) Front Calipers
    E46 328 (or 330) Front Rotors
    E46/E36 front hubs


    Am I missing anything? I don't want to start acquiring parts and then ending up missing a bunch before I get started.

    Through eBay and some other sources I've calculated the total to being around 700~

    Thanks guys!
    91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

    #2
    Looks like everything to me. I guess I'd just be a little skeptical of the ebay parts. Brakes aren't really something you should cheap out on lol

    Do you know anyone using these?
    Buy Replacement Tweeter Pins!
    Feedback Here

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Metallated View Post
      Looks like everything to me. I guess I'd just be a little skeptical of the ebay parts. Brakes aren't really something you should cheap out on lol

      Do you know anyone using these?
      That's good to hear! The Max399 hub adapters have a good amount of users on r3v, I believe Max399 himself was selling them here for a while.

      The SRS Concept adapters are a bit less common, but it's just a usual caliper adapter setup people have been using for years.
      91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

      Comment


        #4
        ya looks good all u need is brake lines.
        the rotors and calipers are ultra heavy compared to the stock ones though.
        might feel it with that 4 banger maybe.

        Also, do not.. do nooot get generic ebay hubs.
        spend like 20 bux extra and get the febi ones at least, if not, oem.
        check out my post about it.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          ya looks good all u need is brake lines.
          the rotors and calipers are ultra heavy compared to the stock ones though.
          might feel it with that 4 banger maybe.

          Also, do not.. do nooot get generic ebay hubs.
          spend like 20 bux extra and get the febi ones at least, if not, oem.
          check out my post about it.
          Which lines should I get? Was it e30 fronts for the rear and e36 for the front right?

          I definitely won't be getting the eBay hubs now!
          91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

          Comment


            #6
            whatever the kit says to use.

            i'm using the e46 m3 fronts so that line works and e39 rears so the e30 front lines work for that.

            Comment


              #7
              How are you using Z4 hubs in the rear? Are these a direct swap for the stock hubs? I thought you had to go to E36 318ti trailing arms to convert?
              sigpic

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                whatever the kit says to use.

                i'm using the e46 m3 fronts so that line works and e39 rears so the e30 front lines work for that.
                I'll look more into it, thanks for you help!


                Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                How are you using Z4 hubs in the rear? Are these a direct swap for the stock hubs? I thought you had to go to E36 318ti trailing arms to convert?
                Yeah! They apparently bolt right on. You will need a caliper adapter to actually run a compatible brake system however. Also it's a bigger wheel bearing setup than the E36 Ti so take that how you will.
                91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

                Comment


                  #9
                  how flush is your current setup?
                  the kit puts 17x8 et20 in the hella flush category but i assume ur all roll flushed out.

                  Enjoying the e30 by jet jones, on Flickr

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    how flush is your current setup?
                    the kit puts 17x8 et20 in the hella flush category but i assume ur all roll flushed out.
                    I can definitely get down with it being flush, my current setup is pretty flush but the front wheels stick out a tad more than I want them to, and I'd imagine the 5 lug swap would help me out with that.

                    I used to autocross an e90 335i and I'm itching to get back into it with the e30 and I'd love to be able to run a little thicker tire once new tire season comes around

                    91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Pulled the trigger on the Max399 fronts and SRS Concept rear, going to casually look around the local junkyard for calipers/caliper brackets that I can rebuild while I wait for the economy shipping from Lithuania.

                      What's the brake line situation on these? I've scoured the internet for answers with this setup and I can't find any perfect answers. I've heard stock e30 will work?
                      91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

                      Comment


                        #12
                        please post some details and pics when you install them, I'm looking to go the same direction. Thanks

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X