Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urethane and perfect... I took too much shit out of the car and rear sits a little high right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
      urethane and perfect... I took too much shit out of the car and rear sits a little high right now.
      You've also got uneven toe and net toe-out in the rear. Do you have adjusters in the rear? If you don't have adjusters welded in or anything and the bushings are in good condition, you may have a bent rear subframe. :(

Comment

nah, it's in spring pads and springs... Lowering rear changes toe and camber. If I corner-balance, all rear specs would line up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
          nah, it's in spring pads and springs... Lowering rear changes toe and camber. If I corner-balance, all rear specs would line up.
          Well, if your ride height is really that uneven, I guess it's possible. Hopefully, that's what it is.

Comment

i read the whole thread, and I'm not sure I saw my answer.

If i use the z3 i-6 hubs and bearings on the 86+ car as per the webpage linked in the OP, can i use e36 m3 rear brakes? It says "any" under calipers and such, but then says I need the z3 i-6 rotor, which i'm sure is smaller than the e36me rear rotor.

reason i ask is because i'm going to have an entire e36m3 at my disposal so i want to use as MUCH as possible. Hell i'd even venture to weld in the e36 subframe to get the diff and suspension... but so far i don't see any way that would work.

Comment

you can not use e36 m3 rear brakes on z3 hubs. Rotor itself fits, but it will not sit over parking brakes and caliper will be offset by over an inch and would require a thick bracket. Sorry, pal, won't work.

However, if you fing mz3 trailing arms, your e36 m3 brakes will slide right over and you'll be the happiest man alive. Repeat: Z3 M-Roadster and M-Coupe brakes are good to go for e36 m3 brakes... With trailing arms, make sure to grab CV axles and diff flanges. You'd need them aas well.

Comment

so does that mean that the trailing arm is shorter from mounting point (on sub-frame) to wheel bearing mounting position on a Z3M than on a Z3 with a 2.8 in it? kinda crazy if it is, and if not, what is different that alows them to fit under the car?
                sigpic
                e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

z3 and mz3 trailing arms are same width, physically. MZ3 trailing arm does use a bigger bearing and trailing arm itself is better reinforced. Big difference is in the hub. MZ3 hub is the same as e36m3, it's flat and doesn't extrude by an inch.

Comment

It must use bigger axels too? So same length, but the bore that the wheel bearing is bigger to accomidate the bigger axels and hub diameter? or can I use those trailing arms that I have laying around (Z3 2.8i) with Z3M wheel bearings and hubs, so I can run M3 brakes around?

Thanks for clearing things up!
                    sigpic

Comment

you'd HAVE to use MZ3 axles and diff flanges.

Comment

Have you personally used mz3 trailing arms? They will make your wheels sit out about 2 inches wider then your stock trailing arms will from memory (saw them sitting on a garage floor), it's definitely not an option unless you find wheels with an offset of like et70 or don't mind doing a lot of body work.

Comment

You mean like this... It's been covered, you're wrong.

Comment

picture no work!!! And I was hopng to see it to...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HellzMindPlaya View Post
                              It must use bigger axels too? So same length, but the bore that the wheel bearing is bigger to accomidate the bigger axels and hub diameter? or can I use those trailing arms that I have laying around (Z3 2.8i) with Z3M wheel bearings and hubs, so I can run M3 brakes around?

Thanks for clearing things up!

Im pretty sure the wheel bearing OD is bigger on the M-Z3 arm, dunno if the ID is the same. if it was everyone would just put E36 flanges in their E30 arms with M-z3 brakes

Comment

MZ3 uses e36m3 wheel bearing and brakes.

Pic above is I6-Z3 trailing arms and hubs... It didn't work out in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X