Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your 5 lug setup and wheels

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
    Front:
    94325is knuckles and brakes, 97+ ca's, eyeball arms, GC coilovers with Vorschlag camber plates, slotted stock abs sensors.
    Rear: 318ti ta's, IE rtab's and sfb's, IE weld in camber/toe adjusters, GC coil overs, TMS shock mounts, spacers for abs sensors.

    BBS RKii, 17x8 et38 235/40 Goodyear f1 Asymetric:


    Style 32, 15x7 et47, was 195/60 conti's, now painted black with 225/50 Toyo R888:
    does your abs work? please tell me a bit about the sensors, spacers/shims etc. i can't get mine to work. I tried tunning the abs sensors in the rear to output a signal similar to the stock setup with a o-scope...the front is e36m3 stock, no shims. i hope its simple i don't wanna highjack the thread its awesome!
    No more e30s for me.
    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
    91 BMW 325i [sold]
    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

    Comment


      #32
      I'd say it works ~80% of the time, the other times it turns the light on. The trailing arms I bought from someone who went a different direction with his e30 (corvette irs), and they came with spacers. I can measure these if you would like. The fronts I cut a slot in the side of the sensor to align them with the trigger wheel. I can get a pic of this if you would like.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

      Comment


        #33
        setup: E30 M3
        wheels: OZ Racing AC Schnitzer 17x7.5/8.5 ET20/17


        SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
          setup: E30 M3
          wheels: OZ Racing AC Schnitzer 17x7.5/8.5 ET20/17
          i spy some front fender rubbing.

          www.instagram.com/dsloanphoto

          Comment


            #35
            kekeke yup.

            Rolled, stiffer and lower now.

            SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

            Comment


              #36
              /\ I think we need more pictures then.

              www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
                Front:
                94325is knuckles and brakes, 97+ ca's, eyeball arms, GC coilovers with Vorschlag camber plates, slotted stock abs sensors.
                Rear: 318ti ta's, IE rtab's and sfb's, IE weld in camber/toe adjusters, GC coil overs, TMS shock mounts, spacers for abs sensors.

                BBS RKii, 17x8 et38 235/40 Goodyear f1 Asymetric:


                Style 32, 15x7 et47, was 195/60 conti's, now painted black with 225/50 Toyo R888:
                looking at your front wheels and others' pics, i see that i am not the only one with wheels not centered in the wheelwell.. I emailed jon at treehouse racing today about his eyball lollipops, he said he could sell a undrilled set allowing me to put the mounting holes where i want them, pushing the tires foward basically. has anybody done something like this? id go ahead and do it, just dont know if i want to run those delrin eyeballs on the street, and plus i would like some input on where to drill the holes cause you only get one chance.

                also you are running non-M knuckles, same as me. It seems like the guys with M-knuckles dont have any wheel positioning problems. I read somewhere that the M knuckles may have some additional built in caster, pushing the axle centerline even more foward than the offset CABs and 97 M-arms will give you (this was just an idea, nobody can seem to confirm it)

                Comment


                  #38
                  I went the full E30 M3 route (see sig) including the steering rack. It's on H&R cabrio spec springs with Bilstein sports. Everyone says it's not low enough, especially in front, and I have to agree. Not sure what I'm going to do about that yet, but I've got other stuff to take care of first.

                  About the style 5 (E39 or, in my case, E31): The front wheels are ET20, which should fit, but there was minor interference with the calipers, which we shaved a bit with a dremel, but the anti-rattle clips won't play with the wheels. Some guys on s14.net say they wait until the pads are worn halfway then the clips will work. Others use a 5mm spacer, but that pokes the wheel too much leading to fender interference (solve one problem and cause another). I just ordered the new 2mm spacers from ECS tuning. [EDIT: RECEIVED 2MM SPACERS. NOT THICK ENOUGH!] That should be just enough to get the anti-rattle clips on and not cause other problems. The E31 rear wheels are ET26, and apart from slight contact up inside the fender on full compression, they fit just fine.





                  Last edited by Dave McLaren; 04-27-2009, 07:57 PM.
                  Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

                  E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Your first picture is that with the 2mm spacer? and how much did you take off the caliper to fit the wheel on?

                    www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                      Your first picture is that with the 2mm spacer? and how much did you take off the caliper to fit the wheel on?
                      I just ordered the 2mm spacers, so I don't have 'em yet. Meanwhile, I've got no anti-rattle clips in front and the shit is noisy, rattling and clanking down the street. I don't recall exactly how much was taken off the caliper, but it was very little.
                      Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

                      E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Thanks. Let me know if those spacers help.

                        www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          95 M3 Spindles
                          96+ M3 Arms
                          Fabbed lollipop
                          Gutted M3 Housings w/ Koni SA
                          GC Coilover Conversion
                          Vorshlag Camber plates

                          318ti hubs and bearings
                          E36 M3 Brakes

                          On DS1's w/ 235/40/17 Falken azenis
                          Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
                          Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
                          ___________________________________________
                          BNB Designs
                          Engine Swaps, Fabrication, Innovation, General Repair
                          Richmond CA
                          Julian 848-248-8029

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Dave McLaren View Post
                            I went the full E30 M3 route (see sig) including the steering rack. It's on H&R cabrio spec springs with Bilstein sports. Everyone says it's not low enough, especially in front, and I have to agree. Not sure what I'm going to do about that yet, but I've got other stuff to take care of first.







                            do you want to retain the current springs you are running and drop the car a little bit? I work at a dealer and another guy there was messing around seeing what parts would fit on his E30 and it turns out the spring diameter is the same on the new E90 3 series. the top spring plates have a deep "dish" to them, so the strut bearing sits down lower in the coil spring than normal. you would lose strut travel but retain your current springs and be able to lower the car down quite a bit (although we havent tried it yet, so we dont know. he ordered one so maybe i can take a pic of it. the p/n is 31 33 6 764 093

                            Comment


                              #44
                              wheels are OZ ultraleggeras

                              setup is:
                              z3 1.9 springs (H&R)
                              front - e36 325i shocks / spindles / brakes, '96+ M3 control arms, 17x8 et40 w/ 205/45
                              rear - z3 1.9 trailing arms / brakes, 17x9 et41 w/ 225/40









                              now to finish the rest of the car... *sigh*
                              Last edited by decay; 04-27-2009, 04:30 AM. Reason: moar pics
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              current:
                              1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
                              2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                                do you want to retain the current springs you are running and drop the car a little bit? I work at a dealer and another guy there was messing around seeing what parts would fit on his E30 and it turns out the spring diameter is the same on the new E90 3 series. the top spring plates have a deep "dish" to them, so the strut bearing sits down lower in the coil spring than normal. you would lose strut travel but retain your current springs and be able to lower the car down quite a bit (although we havent tried it yet, so we dont know. he ordered one so maybe i can take a pic of it. the p/n is 31 33 6 764 093
                                Thanks for the tip. I'll talk to Ron about your suggestion. Really, I have no desire to change springs other than to drop it more. I'm quite happy with the ride quality and handling of this setup.
                                Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

                                E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X