CV Axle - replacement HELP needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Axle - replacement HELP needed!!!

Hi guys, long time user of these forums, first time actually posting. I need some help identifying CV Axle differences.

I have a 1988 325 that I am trying to do a 5-lug swap on - using the SRS Concept kit using Z4 hubs and stock 325 trailing arms, axles.

The new Z4 hubs fits perfectly over the OEM CV axle splines. Because I am also adding 4-wheel ABS, i needed to order new axles to get the tone rings.

I ordered two new axles from FCP Euro - part no 33211225892. But I actually received two different axles - note the one on the far left came with a longer output spline and a star-pattern end nut - see first picture below.

The OEM looking Axle DOES NOT fit into the Z4 hub. FCP euro was great and send me a replacement, thinking it was defective. The replacement also does not fit. They have since responded:

"it looks like the correct part for your Vehicle would be Part number 33211225893 according to the VIN, which we do not offer anymore, as well as since all the axle part numbers on each axle are the same it looks like it is just a manufacturing error. that being said, we don't currently offer a 33211225893" - I have looked online and cannot find this part number available anywhere.

The bigger issue is - it looks like they sent the non-OEM looking axle by mistake, but this one actually fits. If you look at the second picture below, you can see the output flange is longer and has two sections with the threads blanked off.

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS AXLE? I would like to order a second one since it actually works but I don't know the part number of make/model.

Or, can anyone recommend an axle that will fit the Z4 hubs and a stock E30 325 diff / trailing arm??

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	10023866

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	10023867
Working...
X