Heavy wheel shake with new wheels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hubcentric ring

probably not fully hubcentric... I see e38 have those paper thing metal hubcentric rings for imitation mpars. some after market one just isnt exactly hubcentric.

Comment

Originally posted by dark89e30 View Post
      Just a few pics of the shape of the inside and outside of the wheels, to give me an idea of the construction. Also if you can give me a measurement of the width, lip to lip. The spec as well as the actual would help alot. The centerbore doesn't make that big of a difference since your lugs hold it in place pretty nicely.
      absolutely not true. the hubcentric is a huge problem esp after 60+ miles per hour. your steering wheel will shake violently if you dont have hubcentric wheels. I thought the same too, but when I got my wheels and they vibrate at high speed, I got some hubcentric rings and solve the prolbem. If you bought the wheels from a store they will ahve the rings for you, usually free of charge, if you bought it from someone else... you'll have ot find a store that carries these and find the rings for it.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
        absolutely not true. the hubcentric is a huge problem esp after 60+ miles per hour. your steering wheel will shake violently if you dont have hubcentric wheels. I thought the same too, but when I got my wheels and they vibrate at high speed, I got some hubcentric rings and solve the prolbem. If you bought the wheels from a store they will ahve the rings for you, usually free of charge, if you bought it from someone else... you'll have ot find a store that carries these and find the rings for it.
        Discount tire direct will sell the rings. Measure or find out what size the wheels are, and e30s have a 57.1 hub.

Comment

That is where I got my rings. I have them on the car. They are 60.1 outer with a 57.1 inner diameter.

They still do not work right. They sit oddly and do not stick out far enough to be completely flush in the wheels hub. I am trying to create a 3d model of a hub to have it made for me, but that will take time.

Again, the hub does have rings. I do not have hubcentric spacers because there are no hubcentric spacers smaller than 15mm, and I do not want ET7
          Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
          X