lowering 325IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering 325IX

Has anyone here lowered a 325IX if so what springs did you use .
    The H&R's they sell only lower it 1.25 inches thats about standard e30 ride height isn't it.
    TIA

yes (see sig)

you don't really want to go much lower than that anyway, unless you want to be replacing your front CV boots/axles all the time. I actually got a bit more than 1.25" out of my drop, without front springpads (and only the bottom pad in the rear). konis are highly reccomended if you wish to lower your ix, as well as M3 offset control arm bushings in the front.

it's a bit under stock E30 height, a little less than 3/4". I think it's perfect personally, I'm not scraping driveways and speed bumps like a lot of these other guys but my suspension is just as stiff (except maybe people with race springs).
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Listen to Nando he is right I put Racing Dynamics on my ix the green ones and the CV on the passenger side split in like a 1.5 months. raised it back up and no probs. since, Nando's ix is the perfect height for and ix and looks SICK!, Nando you are my goal to look like by next spring.
      E30 325ix 62k

Comment

how much did that whole setup cost you nando? Im thinking about doing the same thing on my new iX, and I like the height of yours.

Comment

the H&R sports were around $220, the konis were around $550. bushings etc were probably another $300. I got the konis and springs from tirerack, not sure if there are cheaper sources (not too likely, we're talking about the ix here).
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

know of anywhere to get control arms for less than 150 aside?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

check bma or ireland engineering for control arms i saw them on speacial somewhere

Comment

oh yeah i found out that ix control arms are different then normal e30 ones and cost like double....

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                X