removing rear subframe with ta's and fidd intact

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kingb
    replied
    Do as they all said. Leave the diff on the subframe just unbolt the diff bushing to chassis. When you get the 2 nuts and 4 allen bolts out of the bracket under the SFB the bushing itself might be stuck in there. I took out my lower back seat to take the long bolts out then from the bottom I put a chisel in the bushing and hit it with a BFH side to side to break the aluminum in the bushing free from the car and the whole subframe came out.

    Leave a comment:


  • jms16v
    replied
    Originally posted by Unearth078
    Jms16v, where would that second set come in hand? .
    It is a rather big piece to take out/put back in alone. I'm sure its possible, just helps to have another person. Also, the other person can help so you can line up both sides together when reinstalling. But again, just helpful not entirely necessary.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Idea
    replied
    Originally posted by dashboardmonkey
    I did exacly what you are doing last week, it sucks. You'll need two people to put it back in. I removed it all in one piece, assembled it in one piece after replacing trailing arms.

    Fun stuff. you will need a lot of patience.

    Good luck.
    Are you not suppose to be doing this to my car this weekend?

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    I did exacly what you are doing last week, it sucks. You'll need two people to put it back in. I removed it all in one piece, assembled it in one piece after replacing trailing arms.

    Fun stuff. you will need a lot of patience.

    Good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unearth078
    replied
    No I have a jack on them, lët that do the work.

    Leave a comment:


  • straight6pwr
    replied
    Originally posted by Unearth078
    Jms16v, where would that second set come in hand?
    you gonna let the subframe + trailing arms + diff down all by yourself? that shit isnt light.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unearth078
    replied
    Yea man bfh all day. Lol, I plan on it, been reading and that comes up a lot. Jms16v, where would that second set come in hand? Heard about having someone pull the whole aseembly and see if it falls out... Didn't like that idea too much. Anyway, thanks guys. Ill let you know how it goes.

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    You will also need a big fuckin hammer

    Leave a comment:


  • jms16v
    replied
    Remove the diff completely.

    Remove the plates underneath the subframe bushings and then knock the big pins up. I think you mentioned everything else.

    The subframe and trailing arms can come out as one piece pretty easily. It helps if you have an extra set of hands.

    Leave a comment:


  • removing rear subframe with ta's and fidd intact

    any good way to do it. so far i have the diff bolt, sway links, shock and spring out, brake lines disconnected, and subframe bolt off as well as the drive shaft unbolted from the diff. i need to disassemble the emergency brake still. what else do i need to do? any good was to dropping these all out at once.

    thanks
Working...