Odd Ticking Sound

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doughnut
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    lol to the lol to the lol-lol-lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • fuzzy
    replied
    ha i definatly came in here to post a link to that video.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied


    The caliper shouldn't move around. Thats probably the issue. also check that your wheel is on tight. Sometimes the allen bolt that holds the rotor in backs out too.

    Leave a comment:


  • llll1l1ll
    replied
    So I took off my tire and checked all of the bolts for the caliper and noted that they were all fairly tight.

    However, I am able to wiggle the caliper as a whole. It only moves about a millimeter. I do believe this is the cause of the problem.

    I guess I need a new caliper?

    Leave a comment:


  • llll1l1ll
    started a topic Odd Ticking Sound

    Odd Ticking Sound

    I searched a little bit for this, but I can't narrow it down.

    Anyway, as I'm driving along I hear this "chicka chicka chicka" sound coming from my passenger side front (?) wheel. It's like someone is shaking a Folger's can full of marbles.

    I used to think that my control arm was bad; however, I can lightly press the brake and the noise stops instantly.

    Is it just time for new pads or is there something else entirely? That tire has significantly less tread than all the others if that helps.

    Sorry to ask an annoying question (if it's been asked too much).

    Best,

    Pete
Working...