Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok to mix different type brake line fitting going into MC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok to mix different type brake line fitting going into MC?

hi guys,

doing the S50 conversion and im using a smaller booster and MC from a different model car.

my bmw brakeline has like a mushroom looking end of the fitting going into the MC but the brake line that is meant to go into the new MC has the inverted type.

question is, can i safely bolt in my old brake line (i have put it on and tightened it, although the thread didnt go all the way in but its tight nonetheless), or should i make new line which has mushroom fitting on one end and inverted end on the other??

Is it that much of a cost to get a new line made? I always think of Jank fixes like this...

If you had to go back and do it the right way will it be a PITA or a minor inconveinence...

Comment

The seat for the line and the type of flare must match.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
        Is it that much of a cost to get a new line made? I always think of Jank fixes like this...

If you had to go back and do it the right way will it be a PITA or a minor inconveinence...
        cost wasnt the issue. i had spare lines sitting from an E36 which i wanted to use, but will be making new ones now. thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X