Help me choose some calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me choose some calipers

Hey guys, looking into a front brake upgrade on my 325 E30, I am hoping someone can guide me into the right direction.

Factory fron rotors on the 325i are as follows

260mm Dia
    35.1mm Height
    22 mm thick
    20.4mm min thickness
    66mm Centre bore
    4 Stud.

I Beleive I have found a suitable rotor that will make a great base to getting it to fit well with little modification

312mm Dia
    34.2 height
    25mm Thick
    23mm Minimum
    65mm Centre Bore
    5 Stud

Clearly using factory caliper isnt an option, Pad size is too small and it would no doubt just look like a bulldog trying to fuck a football.

I havnt had the luxury of being able to hold other BM calipers in my hand apart from the 325 one, hopefully otherpeople here might of had more exposure to other brake systems on BMs.

So I need a caliper thats going to have a very similar offset from the hub and bolt up style to the original calipers and have a pad suitable for a rotor of this size, so I would say its going to need to come off a rotor thats around 310mm. The larger the pad surface the better!

I was thinking something off a 5 series is what I will need, Im prepared to fabricate a bracket to suit, wrecking yards here In australia are pretty rude and cant be assed dealing with people who want to go through different calipers out of their parts bins.

Something I have thought of is maybe R33 Gtst Calipers, nice large pad and 4 pot design. From memory the legs are similar design to the 325 as well. Problem being the Rotors on the R33 are 5mm Thicker and their max undersize doesnt even reach the fullsize of the suitable rotor I have found
    Boris - 89 E30 325i
    84- E30 323i
Working...
X