Turner Brake Overhaul Kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jeffnhiscars
    replied
    Originally posted by Roysneon
    If you're still wondering...

    If you have an early 318i with m10 you'll have solid fronts and rears but if you want vented fronts you need the calipers from a 325 or later 318i/is and the rotors. They bolt up to the smaller diameter strut housings.
    The m10 cars actually have drums in the rear ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    Originally posted by 85bim
    That kit is vented front and solid rear. Just in case you didn't notice...

    I am also interested in putting vented rotors on my e30 do they just bolt up without any issues if I have solid rotors now?
    If you're still wondering...

    If you have an early 318i with m10 you'll have solid fronts and rears but if you want vented fronts you need the calipers from a 325 or later 318i/is and the rotors. They bolt up to the smaller diameter strut housings.

    Leave a comment:


  • Subtle
    replied
    Originally posted by Gertech
    Brass...yeah that's what I meant. Does your car have ATE front calipers? Mine has Girling...do they work for them or just ATE? I'll definitely be getting them for the rear but I'm still not sure about the front.

    Do you use regular brake grease for lube?

    I have Girling's as well and I didnt check the fitment before ordering apparently they don't fit Girling Calipers :(

    Leave a comment:


  • 85bim
    replied
    That kit is vented front and solid rear. Just in case you didn't notice...

    I am also interested in putting vented rotors on my e30 do they just bolt up without any issues if I have solid rotors now?

    Leave a comment:


  • Gertech
    replied
    Brass...yeah that's what I meant. Does your car have ATE front calipers? Mine has Girling...do they work for them or just ATE? I'll definitely be getting them for the rear but I'm still not sure about the front.

    Do you use regular brake grease for lube?

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    Originally posted by Gertech
    I ordered their front and rear kit when I redid my brakes. Came with nice Zimmerman blanks and Axxis pads. So far so good! I didn't do the copper guides like oliver.r mentioned, but I'm probably going to go back in and take care of that over the winter.
    Brass guides, but whatever. They really do feel better, due to my shitty wierd master cylinder and brake caliper combination I had pretty soft feeling brakes until I installed them on the front of the car. Just be aware that you have to lube them up occasionally.

    Inb4 lube joke.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gertech
    replied
    I ordered their front and rear kit when I redid my brakes. Came with nice Zimmerman blanks and Axxis pads. So far so good! I didn't do the copper guides like oliver.r mentioned, but I'm probably going to go back in and take care of that over the winter.

    Leave a comment:


  • oliver.r
    replied
    Shit I'm thinking slotted, sorry OP

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    Only early model 318's used solid rotors. Since you have a 91, you wanted vented rotors.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thizzelle
    replied
    318 does accept vented, i have vented on all my cars like a bawse. I STOP ON DIMES AND FOR DIMES

    Leave a comment:


  • oliver.r
    replied
    the width is what matter, unless your tracking the car and driving it hard ALL THE TIME vented rotors are not a good investment

    Leave a comment:


  • markd248
    replied
    This may be a stupid question, but can the 318i's caliper accept a vented rotors? I read on the e30zone wiki that they cant, but elsewhere I'm seeing that I can.

    For reference, I'm looking at getting vented Power Stop rotors, here: http://www.jcwhitney.com/powerstop-p...7213y1991g2j1#

    and here's where e30zone says it won't match up: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/i...p/Brakes#Discs


    Just wanted to double check before ordering them, Thanks in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • oliver.r
    replied
    make sure you replace your bleeder screws also

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    Stock Brembo blanks are as good as any and cheap. Lots of info here on pads, just search.

    I've noticed most of the time that "kits" like this tend to be higher priced than just buying the individual components from various places. You tend to pay for it being a kit and not having to piece it together yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • oliver.r
    replied
    I got it for my m3, the axxis pads are legit, go with solid rotors for street driving, make sur eyou get the caliper rebuild kit and while youre in there replace the guides with the copper ones the offer

    Leave a comment:

Working...