Chase Bays rear brake hard line delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plain325 View Post
    They also sell a kit that replaces the factory dual circuit master+booster with a single circuit master...... because it looks better?
    So you can probably assume they aren't aiming for oem levels of safety.
    I wouldn't use a single MC with a single piston. Not safe. There's a reason why tandem MCs are required. :devil::devil::devil:
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

bumping this a bit, but I'm in the process of replacing all lines going to the rear - vent, fuel, brake. And was considering the front to rear chase bays product for the brakes due to New England corrosion ruining my hard lines.

[QUOTE=Northern;n7086386]
      You will have more sponge with these than with good hard lines. /QUOTE]

Wouldn't sponginess be an issue regardless of hard or soft for the long run because there are still 4 stock soft lines for the rear system? If the entire run to the caliper were a hard line I could see there being a difference, but the pressure will find the weakest link in the system, the soft line. If the plastic from Chase Bays is more rigid than the stock BMW rubber ones, I don't see sponginess being any worse than stock.
      1991 318is ---230K - DD
      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

A quality stainless braided hose should expand less than a stock nylon braided hose, but the difference between a hard line and a stainless hose is at least that much.

I think the amount of expansion you get by increasing the length of the hose by however much (6x? more?) is going to outweigh the effect the stock lines would have.

Also the life span of a hose is like 1/4 of a hard line. Hell, my car is 32 years on stock brake hard lines, on the salty east coast of Canada, and was winter driven for 25 years of that.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

mine is a 1991, and it was winter driven a lot too. I just replaced about 10 square feet of sheet metal in the rear in addition to an entire tail light panel. I had to replace almost all of the body studs for the brake line/fuel line/vent line mounting, my hard lines were replaced with NiCopp lines a few years ago, and since then the fittings which are not stainless nor NiCopp have gotten to the point where they are essentially falling apart. I guess I will have to find more first hand experiencewith the Chase Bays kit before I decide what to do.
          1991 318is ---230K - DD
          1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
          so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Working...
          X