X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nando
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

This just means Nando isn't driving the car at all!
    haha, actually I've driven it pretty regularly the last few years. Ironically, when I was taking photos for one of the ix suspension threads, I noticed my passenger side inner CV-boot is likely ripped (the Achille's heal of the ix). Recently we've had awesome days that I really wanted to take it out, but I don't want to damage the CV joint, and having worked 80+ hour weeks recently, I just don't have the time to mess with it unfortunately..

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    I've run rear end bushings from Lencas (old r3v vendor), AKG, Revshift (x2 cars), and Garagistic.
    The AKG and Garagistic were solid, the others are 95a.

Revshift has a bad reputation for shipping times and their guibos. I have had great luck calling to order, and not ordering during black friday/boxing day sales.
    Their bushings are top notch though, installation is a breeze, teflon lube packets included.

My Garagistic stuff had some issues with the solid subframe riser bushings. Material doesn't seem very durable, I installed with a rubber mallet and the lip snapped off so I had to basically machine/make a separate top for it.

The Lencas stuff was crap. Held up well but was machined polyurethane, so nothing was concentric (especially the RTABs)

I sold my iX with all revshift rear and was happy with that setup.

My iS has garagsistic solid subframe bushings (12mm riser), AKG delrin diff mount, and Revshift 95a RTABs.
    I have new Revshift 95a subframe riser bushings and 2x 95a diff mounts in box to go on at some point this year.

That said, if I ordered something set today, I'd run stock RTABs for the squeak. I don't think you'd notice a difference in feel between stock and poly RTABs.
    Last edited by Northern; 05-13-2022, 05:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• It's Soda Not Pop
    replied
    I used Condor Delrin for all of my bushings and mounts. If you're worried about NVH then don't go delrin. But they don't squeak.

Leave a comment:

• OSAH racing
    replied
    I have two e30's one for the street and one the other for the track. The track car has poly everywhere and it squeaks like everyone here has mentioned. The street 1990 coupe is an 325i and the P.O installed poly engine, diff, trans and trailing arm bushings in poly and it felt and sounded like I was ridding on a train. I left the poly trailing arm business in, added Treehouse FCA bushings in Poly and replaced the engine, trans and diff bushings with OEM rubber and its sweet. the noise is gone but the turn in is crisp. That car still has the original springs and street shocks. its a good combo. I do not know the brand of rear Trailing arm bushing ( its green) but its quiet.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

might want to check in on those. Most poly bushings much over 15yr are usually dust.
    This just means Nando isn't driving the car at all!

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
    after some seriously poor quality bushings from AKG, i use Powerflex (purple) only now, for a street car, unless i'm reinstalling OE bushings.
    Any soft poly bushing will get beat into, same with powerflex.

Only substitute is group N subframe and Z3M or IX diff bushing.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    i recently did sub frame bushes but i filled the gaps using silicone to make them solid rubber

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

might want to check in on those. Most poly bushings much over 15yr are usually dust.
    I had it apart a while back - still fine. they have a metal sleeve so the bushing itself doesn't actually move, so maybe that's why it never squeaked.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    after some seriously poor quality bushings from AKG, i use Powerflex (purple) only now, for a street car, unless i'm reinstalling OE bushings.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    TA bushings for like 20 years now. damn, time flies!

There's no NVH with an 80A bushing - you'll really only see that with something harder like Delrin or Aluminum. My TA bushings have never squeaked.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    It's sort of irrelevant since I doubt they make the exact ones anymore, but I've been running the same 80A Ireland Engineering subframe and TA bushings for like 20 years now. damn, time flies!

There's no NVH with an 80A bushing - you'll really only see that with something harder like Delrin or Aluminum. My TA bushings have never squeaked.

For the diff bushing I recommend staying with stock. Soft poly is too weak to support it, and harder materials are just going to turn it into a buzz bomb. There are solid rubber versions of the diff bushing too if you want a slight upgrade without rattling your teeth out.

I don't think there's any issue using various materials either.

Leave a comment:

• Vincent Vangool
    replied
    I'm trying to sort this all right now. This is for a daily driver. I grew up racing Go Karts so I like a firm ride but don't want a bunch of NVH either. At first I was gonna co with the Condor due to the noise and my buddy LOVES them, but when I called him he said they were too harsh for the street. He recommended going with the Garagistic 80A RED poly for the Subframe, rtab, diff bushings. He had never tired the blue and did not know if it would be too harsh for my use. He said the Garagisitic delrin was similar to the Condor and would be too harsh. Any wisdom on what would be best for a street application?

He and Garagisitc recommended not using different compounds in the rear as I asked both about using the OEM rubber for the trailing arm bushings, but you guys seem to feel that's not a problem? Any insight on what would work best on a firmish handling street car that doesn't lead me to having an overly noisy/vibrating E30 would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    I have condor bushings in the rear of my car, they're good. Easy to install too vs rubber ones. The NVH isn't too bad for me, YMMV. You can hear the diff whine away really well with the condor diff mount bushing.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    +1 on OEM Trailing arm bushings on street cars. I've reverted back to them, giving up on the squeak.

AKG Rtabs squeaked too.

Be cautious of eccentrics and cranking down the Rtab bolt. It will deform the bushing sleeve compressing the bushing event more. I think AKG upgraded there sleeve to stainless. Either way, they still squeak most of the time. Tried multiple greases, Maybe also the adjustment in the slotted Rtabs putting them in a bind.

Definitely stay away from Ireland!

I used condor 24 valve mounts and I was done with them. Cool guys though.

Leave a comment:

• zwill23
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea View Post
    Thats why I went with Condor RTABs. I've been using them on my ix for about 3 years now and not a single squeak.

OP personally I'm going to be running Condor everything on my 325i street car except for engine, trans, and diff.
    I haven't had personal experience with condor bushings, but if they're silent then I'd say they're a good choice. The garagistic poly rtabs were a nightmare.

Originally posted by SD-KC View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Saw the comment about the rubber business for the trailing arms. I take it I shouldn't be concerned about rubber components mixed in with poly.

Thanks
    No issues mix and matching.

Leave a comment:

• SD-KC
    replied
    Thanks for all the replies. Saw the comment about the rubber business for the trailing arms. I take it I shouldn't be concerned about rubber components mixed in with poly.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X