Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on subframe and diff bushing selection

Hi All

Goal of the car is basically OEM+... Planning on mainly street driving with a little bit of 1/4 mile and autox thrown in every once in a while. Just want something that will handle better than stock but still be relatively comfortable on the street.

I currently have Lemforder TA and subframe bushings and a Revshift 80A poly diff bushing (which claims to be OEM+).

I met up with a fellow owner this weekend and was shooting the shit with him about my current rear end build, and he proceeded to highly suggest going with Condor Speed delrin subframe bushings and a stock rubber diff bushing. His suggestion was that the delrin subframe bushings didn't increase NVH at all, but made the car handle MUCH better. He also suggested that a poly diff mount would be very loud as it reverberated off the trunk.

Thoughts on which setup would be preferential and the merits of these claims?
    2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
    1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
    1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

I like AKG blue poly (85a, softest poly you can get) in the subframe and differential cover, 95a in the trailing arms (the only option they offer). This is what I do, on every car that comes through my shop (unless they specifically request something else). Very minimal, negligible increase in NVH, which is to be expected, but 100% daily drivable. AKG and Powerflex make the best bushings for BMW, IMHO.

I do not like the delrin/UHMW solid bushings. They will rattle your brain loose.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Garagistic has even softer poly @ 80a (RTABs, diff, subframe). Best option for a street car IMO.
      But Pwrflex is very esteemed in this game, albeit a bit pricier.
      Definitely don't go delrin for a daily tho lol. You can arguably say the same for UHMW.
      GL!
      "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Appreciate the input! Sounds like perhaps I should go with poly subframe bushings in place of the Lemforders and keep it at that!
        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

I like akg also, i just had their diff mount along with there engine and transmission mount, love them fit was perfect and similar to stock. Great CS also

Comment

Just to provide my input, now that I've done it. I ended up going with the stuff I had already, with the one modification of filling the subframe bushing crevices with window weld. Now that I've driven on it, I'll note that the 80a poly diff bushing isn't reverberating at all, and I think were I to do it all over again I'd probably go with soft poly bushings as well.

Comment

Working...
            X