Rebuilt ABS pump from Jordan Sarette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt ABS pump from Jordan Sarette

Fresh back from rebuild by Jordan Sarette, here is my ABS pump waiting for install.

While they might look good on the outside, you would be amazed at the disgusting mess that is inside of these units after 30 years of service.

I’m glad to have this important safety item back in perfect condition.
    Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
    1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
    Palm Beach County

Thanks Jon. Now I'm afraid to drive our e30s :)
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
      Thanks Jon. Now I'm afraid to drive our e30s :)
      No need to be scared Jeff, I've got you!

The website is live and ready to show you what is lurking inside, as well as help you identify which pump variant you have in your car(s)

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

"Artisan crafted ABS pump". Really?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	300B2C82-7F82-42DA-B4C2-EB571449D4FC.jpeg
Views:	878
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	10019788 Finally installed it today. Now to bleed the brakes…
          Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
          Palm Beach County

Comment

Up on jackstands for a brake fluid change and power bleed next weekend.

Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
            Palm Beach County

Comment

Job is complete. I took the car out and I now have working ABS again! Nice work Jordan.
              Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
              Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
                Job is complete. I took the car out and I now have working ABS again! Nice work Jordan.
                Is there a difference in braking force? compered to the original ABS pump?
                1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I just got mine on the road, actually today, also rebuilt by Jordan and while I do have an upgraded MC, just a tiny larger, the force seems to be less. The pedal is smoother and you feel it grab on better. This is while I feel it less because I dont have to push on it to really grab. The gunk in the pump made the pedal work harder. My .02.
                  Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                  BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

I still have to do one more purge. The main difference is that the brakes now pulse instead of locking up.
                    Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                    Palm Beach County

Comment

I also put in a Jordan-rebuilt ABS unit. HUGE difference in a lot of ways. It still gets me every time when the ABS controller tests the pump the first time you press the brakes while moving after the car is started lol. It was so gunked up before that I never realized that it was supposed to do that, and that's been the case on every E30 I have owned for the last 20 years haha.

Pedal feel is better overall, and the ABS fires a lot more often (or rather, I can actually feel it working) during hard driving and cornering, providing some limited traction control functionality if a wheel starts locking/slipping in a corner under any amount of a braking load. It's really great. Also, the pedal no longer just dumps to the floor when the ABS fires, instead giving a proper foot massage.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Braking is definitely smoother now that I’ve purged again, ABS actuates as expected, and the brakes apply sooner with less pedal motion.
                        Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                        Palm Beach County

Comment

I only did the pressure bleeder method and the pedal was not as firm as I thought it should be or would engage closer to the bottom. Drove it and then bled it again, Got a little better. I then found a large patch of grass by my house and did some runs hitting the brakes hard. This of course activated the pump (felt good to know it was working) and pedal then stiffen up. Did that a few times and boom, not more issues with pedal, engages sooner and not more of that air in the line. Probably activate the pump help push the fluid though it more, is my guess. Doing what bmwman91 did of activated the pump directly probably yields that same results.

Comment

Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
                            Fresh back from rebuild by Jordan Sarette, here is my ABS pump waiting for install.

While they might look good on the outside, you would be amazed at the disgusting mess that is inside of these units after 30 years of service.

I’m glad to have this important safety item back in perfect condition.
                            I would be curious to know if the photos you have attached are of your ABS pump, or are they from a junkyard car where the pump was unused, perhaps exposed to the elements for (many) years. In other works, do abs pumps on cars regularly driven look like this when opened up or are these worst case scenarios?

Comment

Originally posted by ghrays View Post

I would be curious to know if the photos you have attached are of your ABS pump, or are they from a junkyard car where the pump was unused, perhaps exposed to the elements for (many) years. In other works, do abs pumps on cars regularly driven look like this when opened up or are these worst case scenarios?
                              Mine has been driven for the last 20 years almost daily and mine looked like this or even worse. I will be posting pictures of the before and after, that I got from Jordan as well as my install this week. I also flushed the brake fluid every 2-3 years. My pump was no near working as I can feel it all the time now.

Comment

Working...
                              X