Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
    ok my question after reading most of this thread:

1. will these drop hats work with camber plates?

2. more specifically will these work with GC spec e30 plates, which already drop the front 10mm?
    Dunno how the GC ones work, but on my Ireland ones, the limiting factor is the spring hat hitting the inside of the strut tower. My concern would be that this higher hat would reach higher into the tower where it is even narrower, and thus further limit camber adjustment.

But hey, I could be wrong. . .
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

hmm, that makes sense... seems like i will have to be a guinea pig.
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

It seemed like there was plenty of space in the strut tower area.

how thick was everyones spring pads. mine had like sort of dinky ones in the front(stock e30 ones, or something not the e90 ones, so I just left em in, not sure if it will affect the drop.

the back had sort of thick ones though.
        [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
        Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

They will fit with Kmac plates, but not with Vorschlag. Don't know about gc. Do they come with their own special design spring hat when you buy them?

Comment

Ive got a question for the people who bought these. Ive sold a few to e90 guys with no complaints. I just got an email from one person who says that the hole in his e90 plate is in a different place then the hole in my drop hats. He said the hole in his is centered. Is he just blind or what? Hes worried about them affecting the camber.

Comment

Originally posted by richardkeith97 View Post
              Ive got a question for the people who bought these. Ive sold a few to e90 guys with no complaints. I just got an email from one person who says that the hole in his e90 plate is in a different place then the hole in my drop hats. He said the hole in his is centered. Is he just blind or what? Hes worried about them affecting the camber.
              Either way, an off centered hole would only move the spring angle, not adjust the camber. Camber is predicted by the strut mount. It could, however, throw off the suspension components. Specifically, the strut would not be parallel with the spring.
              -tim
              Originally posted by Jordan
              I like the stance
              -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

hmmmm. well it sounds like he has not removed his spring plate yet. he is just saying from experience his spring plate hole is centered. does anyone have a set that they haven't installed yet and they can double check. i just don't want to tell him that his hole isn't centered and he is mistaken and have him do all the work to find out that the hole is centered.

Comment

Has anyone else installed these? I am looking to get mine from BMW some time next week...
                  My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

hmmmm. well it sounds like he has not removed his spring plate yet. he is just saying from experience his spring plate hole is centered. does anyone have a set that they haven't installed yet and they can double check. i just don't want to tell him that his hole isn't centered and he is mistaken and have him do all the work to find out that the hole is centered.
                    Lemme get this straight, stock e90 hats will lower my car 14-15mm and yours will lower my car up to 20mm? That's a 5mm difference! It's hard to believe that you are advertising these so called drop hats to the e90 folks when you know they will only drop it 5mm tops! I sure hope you inform these e90 buyers these result otherwise you'll have some pretty pissed off customers!

Comment

so mine will lower an e90 also?? good to know
                      It will lower it 5mm tops!

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                        Alright, Maple-Leaf.

As for America... Fuck yeah, buddy. You should be thanking us for being between Canada and Mexico. Next?
                        you pretty much are mexico. the only thing differentiating you from mexico is a bunch of inbred white boys with the intellegence level of a pack mule.

take a look around bud. the whole world hates the stars and stripes. your "we rule the world" attitude spews ignorance. Canada is the last country you want to hate on because we are one of the last countries who tolerate you...and thats growing thinner by the day.

Comment

hahahaha
                          - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
                          Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Yeah Richard I'm not sure who the fuck would buy your hats for an E90... They would be replacing OEM BMW parts for your no name hats to get a 3-5mm "drop?" Whoopity fuck.
                            Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                            All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

Why are you guys shitting on him for selling a product to customers who are willing to spend 100 bucks to lower 5mm, sure its not much but someone with a 40k car, 100 bucks aint shit.
                              1985 BMW 325e
                              1997 BMW M3/4/5
                              2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

he was able to use his stock washer and removed his spring pads. he said it was about 10mm drop. he was happy

Comment

Working...
                                X