No announcement yet.

Drop Hats.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So no pic's of the grinding issues against the strut tower? I'll be ordering the e90 hats and the washer that's suppose to be between the drop hat and bearing. Hopefully there wont be fitment issues. I'd also like to add that I too read all 18 pages.

Also, is this the piece you hit off with your BFH

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000487_e90-drop-hats-get-your-e30-even-lower.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	7171992
    Last edited by KIRIEIW; 11-02-2014, 01:34 AM.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Drop Hats.....

So I took my stock hats out all together.. Anyone ever tried this? How bad will it f** up the rubber bushing? I live on a small island so I don't see any highways or long road trips.

Cheers

Last edited by E30J; 11-29-2014, 02:29 AM.

Comment

any updates on long term user. After reading all pages, it seems like we have to put washer to avoid any binding.

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
        Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

I've been running e90 drop hats since 2011-ish with no issues.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I recently installed drop hats with H&R sports and Billy sports. No issues with binding whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              I've been running e90 drop hats since 2011-ish with no issues.
              Did you use washer ? I bought lowtec springs 60/50, while at there I am planning to throw in drop hats. Should I use the existing washer or get another one for e90 drop hat.

Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

I put them in 100% stock - didn't add or take anything away.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Only had mine in for like 2 weeks, put them in just like stock E30 pieces with the thick E30 washer between the hat and (brand new Sachs) upper mount. No binding issues at all. I didn't remove anything off the bottom of the hat with a BFH, maybe I should have though because i am still trying to get the front lower.

Figured I would add my experience. Somehow I missed this stickied thread when doing my own research on these hats before buying them.
                  sigpic
                  1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

thanks for the responds guys. Will be getting them soon.

Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

I installed the same set up as you lowtech 60/50 with E90 drop hats. No modifications, its only been 50 or so miles but so far so good.
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

^^ can you pm me the picture of the car or post it here. I would love to see the fitment.

Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

I used the same washer as stock with my H&R Sport/Billy Sport combo. No issues at all.

Comment

I run the e90 hats with koni adjustibles and H&R 50406 springs. No problems at all and have had that setup for a 1.5 years.

I've even got a 225/50/15 Toyo R888 on a 15x8 et0 up front currently and it still works.
                            sigpic

Comment

billy sports, ireland engineering stage 3 springs, and e90 drop hats. 15x8 +20 225/45/15 BFG Rivals.

Everything fits fine with no rub. The only issue im having is that on some bumps i feel like the shocks bottom out. It basically feels like a quick hit (the bottom out feeling). Otherwise, everything feels and drives fine. I've had the e90 drop hats installed for a little over a year now, but for some reason i feel like i didn't have this issue before the installation. Its either i did have this issue before and didn't really notice it, or i had just enough shock travel on the stock hats and now the travel is eliminated.

Anyone else experience something similar?

Comment

Has anyone running E90 drop hats noticed a difference in how their car handles with the drop hats installed vs. stock hats? More understeer? More oversteer? No noticeable difference?
                                "Have no small wrecks. If you are going to loop out and hit something, hit it hard." — H.S.T

Comment

Working...
                                X