Quick GC coil/camber plate question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wishno87
    replied
    Originally posted by ck_taft325is
    Oh man, post some pictures. These went on the 4 door right??
    Yup they went on the sedan. The car is out for an alignment right now but I should have some decent pics in a day or two. I got 525/700 but honestly its not noticeably rougher and it corners FLAT. Very pleased :)

    Leave a comment:


  • ck_taft325is
    replied
    Oh man, post some pictures. These went on the 4 door right??

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    Hah, I knew they looked a little off when you brought them down. Glad it was an easy flip flop fix. Get wrenchin!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    Got it. The washer on top was supposed to be stacked on the other one under the plate. Jay and Mark were very helpful. Thanks guys!

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt-B
    replied
    victor? lol

    i could not get a car...Ill be down thursday

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    Well I found the sleeves and put them on and everything feels nice now but when I went to tighten them on with the impact the mount no longer spins by itself. It just spins the whole shock??

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    Well boys I am an asshat, and GC is all knowing


    My buddy was helping me clean up and he was like "hey this thing looks important" At which point I start blushing with embarrassment.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    Damn :(

    Well this sucks, now I have no car for another couple of days.
    Thanks for helping me out csermonet47 and wheelhop

    I will call them first thing tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Yep, you are missing the sleeves that go into the pillow balls and keep them snug to the strut shaft--call GC, I'm sure they'll ship you some.

    The last part is just the spring perch--make sure you keep that spherical bearing surface (that mates the spring perch to the camber plate) lubed up or it'll start to pop a bunch--the grease they use is the Lucas "red n tacky" stuff. I had to add grease to mine immediately to get it to stop popping.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    Ya i got them new.

    They came like this.






    This part came seated on the part in the next picture. I don't seem to have gotten any sort of bushing piece.





    Leave a comment:


  • csermonet47
    replied
    That is the right order. Did you order new from GC? If you did, they should of supplied you with some bushings so they fit snug with the Bilsteins. I don't know if the design has changed since then though. I would maybe just try it and see if everything seems solid?

    Here is a picture when I got mine as I had the same question:



    That is one of the bushings in the middle. There was another one that looks similar.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    So i got the camber plate like this





    Do I just bolt it on top like this?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    Ya i have the race plates but they appear like they came with the tophat on the bottom and I just put it on top and bolt it up? I will get a pic.

    Leave a comment:


  • csermonet47
    replied
    With the touring camber plates, everything is self contained, so it should bolt right up. With the race plates, there are little bushings things that need to be put on in the correct order. I had Bilstein sports with my race plates and there was two copper bushings that went on the strut. You can see each one has their own spring perch included. I have Konis with the touring plates and I am not 100% sure about the bushings or not. I would call GC to double check personally. They are always great.

    The 3 bolts on the camber plate are to be torqued by hand to I believe 18 ft/lbs. The actual top of the strut needs to be done with an impact gun or it will just spin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    Also can I tighten the top strut mount with an impact or do I need to do it by hand?

    Leave a comment:

Working...