steering column movement?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • glucklich21
    replied
    Is the nut on the column near the pedals tight?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    Originally posted by 752dbl02
    I have experienced something similar. Can you guys hear it in the cabin?
    I'm the wrong person to ask. No interior or sound deadening.

    Leave a comment:


  • 752dbl02
    replied
    I have experienced something similar. Can you guys hear it in the cabin?

    Leave a comment:


  • cro320
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaxx_
    yep, only up/down.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "only shows when pressed or kicked in steering."

    I do get jerky steering over bad roads, but that is bumpsteer, not play in the column.
    hmm...bumpsteer is when steering goes left-right over bad roads, but I can feel movement up n down when pass over pothole or bump, like steering column moves

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    Originally posted by cro320
    we are in the same boat, mine goes up and down few mm, but only shows when pressed or kicked in steering.
    Does that gives you jerky steering feel over bad roads?
    yep, only up/down.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "only shows when pressed or kicked in steering."

    I do get jerky steering over bad roads, but that is bumpsteer, not play in the column.

    Leave a comment:


  • cro320
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaxx_
    I have a few mm of play in the car. I previously thought it was the quick release(which used to be a contributing factor, now replaced) but it's not the hub or the quick release. It's not enough for me to really worry about, however. It's solid enough for me, I can lift myself out of the car on the wheel if I need to.
    we are in the same boat, mine goes up and down few mm, but only shows when pressed or kicked in steering.
    Does that gives you jerky steering feel over bad roads?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    I have a few mm of play in the car. I previously thought it was the quick release(which used to be a contributing factor, now replaced) but it's not the hub or the quick release. It's not enough for me to really worry about, however. It's solid enough for me, I can lift myself out of the car on the wheel if I need to.

    Leave a comment:


  • cro320
    started a topic steering column movement?

    steering column movement?

    Anyone experienced slightly moving steering column up and down a bit?
    Something is loose definately but I can't see what?
    It's a 1990 non airbag car
Working...