No announcement yet.

Camaro Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry if this is a pain in the ass. but was just reading through and i want to clear up, which struts are shorter, the mr2 fronts or the IX billy fronts?

ive just installed my GC coilovers and dropped my car on its ass. and now im bottoming out my struts. so just want to be 200% sure that im going to be buying the best option for my car.

thanks guys.

Comment

mr2 buddy
      '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
      '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
      '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
      '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Comment

mint. im going to see about pricing up some mr2 fronts and camaro rears. any brands better then others?

Comment

This entire thread has been dedicated to the KYB AGX shocks.

Comment

If you want something better you should get the Konis through GC.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

ive been talking to the guys at GC. just tryn to locate something locally. but now i know about the mr2 and camaro combo i might talk to the local suspension experts and try to see whats available to me. if it all comes out rubbish then i might end up going back to GC. i think ill be buying the camber plates off them at the very least.

Comment

thanks for this thread! in the front i plan to cut the struts about 1.5 to 2" and use mr2 inserts. i already have springs which are 6in 350lb. i hope they are not too short

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty View Post
                  thanks for this thread! in the front i plan to cut the struts about 1.5 to 2" and use mr2 inserts. i already have springs which are 6in 350lb. i hope they are not too short
                  pics?

Comment

Nigel, shot me a pm on specs and what kyb's to get. I need stiff and ( yes im pretty low in the rear ) Willing to put my sports up for sale ( rear only )

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
                      just wondering... Is there a comparison in rates of the rear shocks between the:

1) billy sports
                      2) kyb agx chamaro rear shocks
                      and the
                      3)kyb gas-a-just chamaro rear shocks?

Just curious about numbers.
                      +1

Comment

I can go part way with Bilstein figures. I have located a reference with some specs on some of the relevant Bilsteins.

BMW 3-SERIES E30 SPORT REAR
                        B36-2027
                        Compressed: 333mm
                        Extended: 529mm
                        Rebound: 1650 N
                        Compression: 565 N
                        Bilstein rating: 165/56

CHEVROLET CAMARO REAR
                        BE5-2407
                        Compressed: 300mm
                        Extended: 479mm
                        Rebound: 1420 N
                        Compression: 1085 N
                        Bilstein rating: 142/108
                        sigpic

Comment

well... I did exactly what I didn't want to do. I ended up ripping one of the rubber bushings in the KYB rear shock when I was pulling through the stock e30 sleeve. What are the repercussions of using it like this? about 1/3rd of it is ripped just on the outside of the shock causing the sleeve to come just shy of coming all the way through.

Can I still use this or will it cause a problem? It was late, I was tired of work on cars and I didn't use the care I normall would...

Comment

replace the mount. no headache that way.
                            1999 540iA - Daily Driver

Comment

I've been running the MR2 fronts and Camaro rears for a while now. Fucking brilliant combo, adjustable for any setting. I take my car auto-x and to the drag strip (slow as fuck, but its still fun) and I cannot be happier with how it handles.
                              1999 540iA - Daily Driver

Comment

was looking at sights that sell MR2 front inserts. do the body size of the inserts change depending on the year of the mr2? or would any mr2 front insert work regardless of the year?

also: it would seem that Mr2's have rear strut inserts aswell? they look just like all the front inserts on the sight. would there be a difference in those compared to the front ones? (body size/ valving)
                                Last edited by CHIF8008; 07-04-2012, 11:36 AM.
                                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                                Got Drop?? ;-)
                                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                                But of course
                                E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Working...
                                X