No announcement yet.

Camaro Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilstein sport compression rates are to high for your spring rates. The rebound is not high enough which is what makes them a little bouncy. So if the AGX have a softer compression but allow rebound adjustment then thats exactly what we need for springs that are comparable to H&R races or stiffer.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Step 1)
      Make them look like they actually belong on an e30. Could have went yellow but this will match my coils.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

^^ are those your inserts? im looking for some shortened inserts.

Comment

No, those are the rears. No need to paint the inserts since they will never be seen.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

^so are you going to run kyb's up front too?

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              Bilstein sport compression rates are to high for your spring rates. The rebound is not high enough which is what makes them a little bouncy. So if the AGX have a softer compression but allow rebound adjustment then thats exactly what we need for springs that are comparable to H&R races or stiffer.
              Was this directed toward me?

My rates are much higher than H&R race. 600fr and 750rr. After driving it more, I feel like what I am feeling/hearing is a stiff bounce rather than a soft bounce. I hope that makes sense. I realize that the side effects of a stiff shock sometimes feels like the effects of a soft shock. I think the camaro shocks allowed the trailing arm to compress more before compression was reached. I noticed that I had to jack the rear up more in order to get the bolt onto the trailing arm. That makes me think the shocks may need to compress a bit more than the sports, to hit that sweet spot of its dampening design.

All in all, I DO like them. I may play with the knob and see if I like a different setting better than 8.

Taylor
              Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
              Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Took a gander and some measurements of the MR2 rears. All and all these definitely feel stiffer in both compression and rebound then the Bilstein IX HDs although i feel its an unfare comparison since the are pretty damn beat. The MR2 gland nuts have the same thread pitch as the Bilsteins but the are a couple thousandths of a inch smaller. The Bilstein measured in at 1.8815" and the MR2 was 1.8795". I don't think its enough to make a difference but i'm going to wrap it in teflon tape just to be on the side of caution. The strut body was also a bit narrower as the Bilstein measured in at 45.35mm and the KYB was 43.65mm. The gland nut centers it so I don't believe it will be a problem. I plan on making a sleeve for the bottom to center it as well. I'm sure its overkill because the g60 inserts are narrower as well and people just wrap them in hockey tape. Another interesting comparison is even though KYB is an inch longer then the Bilstein they are the same length when they are compressed. This is great for people who don't want to be slammed but want a thrifty alternative to Koni sports.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

The difference in shaft diameter is pretty substantial. Not that it has to do with anything, I just notice it right off.

Comment

Originally posted by taiden View Post
                    The difference in shaft diameter is pretty substantial. Not that it has to do with anything, I just notice it right off.
                    Bilsteins are inverted design. Derp!

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Just put them on the stiffest setting and they are retarded. With my entire 200lbs of mass pressing down it took about 5 seconds to fully compress. About 4 seconds longer then the rears and i can't even pull the shaft. It just won't budge. The valving difference between the front and rear is extreme. The only thing i can can compare the fronts to are truck shocks. If you want to drive with your oil pan skimming the ground a pair of these and some will make sure your front end goes nowhere.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                        Bilsteins are inverted design. Derp!
                        Oh my, they say you learn something new every day. Apparently they were wrong.

Comment

hey einstein do you have a part number for the mr2 struts?

Comment

If anyone is interested in buying these, there is a guy on club4ag forums that sells the SW20/"MR2" (front) and Camaro (rear) set-up for $355. Here's a link, BTW no affiliation.
                            WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                              Took a gander and some measurements of the MR2 rears.
                              I think you meant MR2 fronts, no?
                              WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

Originally posted by AE86 View Post
                                I think you meant MR2 fronts, no?
                                Mr2 rears.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Working...
                                X