Camaro Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
    A shorter or longer shock will not effect the height of your car.
    Originally posted by graphikg View Post
    I was thinking of probably doing this - using shorter bilstein IX for the fronts and the camaros for the rear. I already have GC camber plates and I didnt want to run into any issues with the kyb fronts to my plates.
    Alright nice, yeah I figured it wouldn't be an issue, but no harm in making sure. Thanks. The agx's seemed like a nice alternative to shelling out for the full set of koni's.

Comment

I received the inserts (brass bearings) and popped them in. The are not as long as i'd like but they work ok when you torque them down. The quality of the bearing is crap. It is a cast piece with a fairly rough surface. I installed the shocks with some brand new IE RSMs using the supplied hardware that came with the KYBs. As you can see they are nearly 2" shorter in then the Bilsteins and most of that is in the body and not the shaft. With my car tucking tire on 15" wheels on a high arch car i still have a little more then 2" of travel left which should make these next to impossible to bottom out.

Last edited by einstein57; 12-30-2011, 06:27 PM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

how much droop do you have with a shock that short? Are those bilstein sports or HDs?
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

The bilsteins were basically bottomed out at that height. Not sure which bilsteins they are since the silver sticker is missing and the stamped # on the housing does not pull up on google or on bilsteins website.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

How far can you go until you get coil or CV joint binding at that height?

Comment

Coil bind all depends on which springs you use. If you want my specs check here. I don't want to derail this thread too much.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

I meant with the shortened shock. I imagine you run into other issues at that height with those shocks than the shock bottoming out. I dont think that derails the topic at all to be honest.

Comment

I see your point. I just did not want this to turn in to a discussion about springs height selection or camber correction kits etc. If you lower the car to the point of binding components it really has little to do with what shocks you have. The main issues to tackle are mounting fitment, shock travel, and allowable spring rates. I've seen a few cars that were lowered more then mine with out complaints other then the front sway bar.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                    front sway bar.
                    +1 will be an issue on a dumped e30
                    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                    Got Drop?? ;-)
                    Originally posted by JinormusJ
                    But of course
                    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

(KYB 743019) is this the proper part # for the kyb's you posted Einstein57? on post #77
                      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                      Got Drop?? ;-)
                      But of course

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                        (KYB 743019) is this the proper part # for the kyb's you posted Einstein57? on post #77

Yes. Its actually first postet in post #11. But not that you really need the part number seeing as how it fits all Camaro's ever made pretty much.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

www.gecoils.com

Comment

amazon has these ones for $25!

KYB 741067 AGX Manually Adjustable Shock Absorber

would this model work also? and is it short like the other one?
                            Got Drop?? ;-)
                            But of course

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                              amazon has these ones for $25!
                              KYB 741067 AGX Manually Adjustable Shock Absorber
                              would this model work also? and is it short like the other one?
                              Seriously dude??
                              I guess we should expect such questions from you after seeing the condition/state of your car.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Price doesn't really mean quality. Price is more based on demand. Spending more money than you need to isn't cool.

They are rears for a Focus for what it's worth (00-07)

Comment

Working...
                                X