Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference in bolt geometry between e30 & e36 knuckles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference in bolt geometry between e30 & e36 knuckles.

Anybody know if there is a difference in geometry between the two?

The reason I ask is I was wondering if these would fit:

These bolt-on PMC Motorsports steering angle kits are a simple, easy way to increase the steering angle on your BMW E36.  They are the 20% version, which have been used on our many E36's here at Driftworks. Machined from billet aluminium. They come with all fittings needed to install. They fit non-M3 models only. You don't have to, but we recommend pairing these with our BMW rack spacers for maximum lock increase! Ackerman angle is reduced. Please note: Tie rod end mounting points are repositioned to be further towards the centre of the car, so you may need to cut down your existing tie rods 10-15mm unless you're running wider adjustable or e46 lower arms. Some brands of coilover extend further downwards than others, you may need to grind the strut/spacer for clearance.

I have e30 uprights with a GC coilover kit, e46 arms, tie rod spacers and a 712 (ZHP) rack in the mail. I am looking for more steering angle as well as reduced lock to lock. in my old car I had the same setup but with an e36 rack without power steering. It I'm probably going to keep power steering in this car because I do street it, so I'm not concerned about heavy steering.

Right now I'm just tossing the car to full lock and controlling drift angle with throttle.
    1987 350 (ford 5.0 swap, Holley750 carb, t-5, all the goodies)

2009 128i (Daily Driver)
Working...
X