Stock Rear Pads on a Vert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Rear Pads on a Vert?

Does anyone know the size of the stock rear pads on a 91 325i vert? I'm about to install a set of H&R Sports but I'd like to keep the rear stock height and wanted to see if I could get the next thicker pad for the rears to compensate the drop. H&R claims the rears drop about .75 and the thickest rear pad I found is 15mm which is about .59 so I'm assuming that's my best bet?

Theyre either 5 or 7.5 but if theyre original then theyve probably been squished to death. I ran 15mm on my convertible and they definitely brought the rear all the way up. Im currently running 10mm with my sport springs to match the drop in the front with drop hats.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
      Theyre either 5 or 7.5 but if theyre original then theyve probably been squished to death. I ran 15mm on my convertible and they definitely brought the rear all the way up. Im currently running 10mm with my sport springs to match the drop in the front with drop hats.
      With the 10mm and sport springs how's the rear height? Lower than it was stock? If so, are your rear wheels tucked?

Comment

Originally posted by spyder918 View Post

With the 10mm and sport springs how's the rear height? Lower than it was stock? If so, are your rear wheels tucked?
        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike36;n9895128]

Damn..your stance is perfect! And you have the H&R sport springs made for the Cabrio?

Comment

A couple things to note here...

1. Swapping spring pads doesn't give a 1:1 ration for ride height change. Due to the inboard position of the springs, there's a multiplying factor in the increase/decrease. Someone on one of the other forums had a forumula posted, but I can't find that now. FWIW, when I went from 7.5mm spring pads to 14.5mm spring pads, that netted me .5" increase in rear ride height. See here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...84#post7081484

2. 14.5mm e46 rear lower spring pads are a direct swap if you find yourself needing more height in the rear.

Comment

Working...
            X