Parts For My Steering Rack Swap and PS Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts For My Steering Rack Swap and PS Refresh

I wanted to know if you guys could give me some info on some of the parts I'll need for putting in my new E36 rack and what I should get to replace the old stuff. If I could I would get the chase bay's kit but it's a bit too much right now I think. The car was run without power steering for a while so I had planned to get a new (re manufactured) pump, new conitech belt, and a new Power Steering Pressure Hose. I don't know much about the parts for this so will this be all I need? I know there is a return hose but is that like just a regular hose you can buy? Also if someone could let me know if there's any special hardware and seals/gaskets and washers I need to buy online as well, that'd be great. And lastly, I want to get the car back to daily worth as fast as I can so would I be able to do the rack and oil pan swap I'm doing together, plug the holes for the lines from the pump, and then when I can get the chase bay's kit or something else, connect everything, without damaging the new rack even after driving without any power steering or fluid?

(PS - Already got the garagistic kit for the steering knuckle)
    Last edited by ThomasE30; 06-11-2020, 12:59 AM.
Working...
X