Maxxis MA-202 Review - A 195/65/14 Tire that's available in 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxxis MA-202 Review - A 195/65/14 Tire that's available in 2023

For those who are still on stock rims and would like stock size like me, may I present to you the Maxxis MA-202. For reference sake and for people to understand my limited experience, I do not have any track time, the previous tires on my car were Sailun Atrezzo sh402 and I daily drive my car (318is stock engine) from spring to fall in Canada. I have about 3000km (1800 miles) on them so far.

As for my experience with the MA-202 (mounted May 2023) I've been pleasantly surprised, mostly with the wet weather driving. Compared to the sh402's I actually feel like I have some grip when going through deeper puddles in the rain. The noise level has been fine and not something that has bothered me, no worse then my previous tires. The dry weather grip is alright but nothing I that makes it awe inspiring. My little M42 can break the rear end without too much effort off the line but they haven't felt squirmy when doing any spirited driving. The tread wear so far seems good but will report back on that. For how cheap they are (65 USD, I've seen lower at times) I would say they are great for a daily driver.

I'll update this post come fall time after I've used them in below 0*C (32F) weather and through few snowfalls to see how they hold up then.
Working...
X