Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official "What is this wheel?" thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^you sir, are the man. Thanks!
    90 325is
    85 RZ350
    75 RD350
    7? RD400 race bike

Comment

They are legit o.z.'s I just dont know what style.
      Attached Files

Comment

some scrub on craigslist is claiming these wheels are 2002 alpina wheels for a wikkid low price. Legit or knockoffs?

I was thinking they might be fake because after a quick google search of 2002 alpina wheels this pic came up... Im not really sure though.

helpabruvaout.
        Originally posted by HarryPotter
        not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
        Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

its just another diameter. the ones in the first pic are 13 or 14", the ones in the second pic are much bigger.

also the ones in the first pic have 20 spokes like oem alpina.
          *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

What diameter are the wheels on CL?
            Also real Alpinas have "Alpina" in the center part and "Ronal" on the rear.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
              some scrub on craigslist is claiming these wheels are 2002 alpina wheels for a wikkid low price. Legit or knockoffs?

helpabruvaout.
              No Dice. That is an OEM E21 wheel. I have a set i will give you if you want them. Alpina never put the mutli spoke design on 2002s. They made 2 applications for the E21, 13x6, 13x6.5 staggered and a 15 inch which is what your second pic is of. All the E21 wheels have the wrong offset for the 2002 but can be made to fit.

The only wheels Alpina put on street 2002s are 13" steel wheels.

The main visible differences between the OEM E21 wheel and real Alpinas are the stepped spokes (their sides are not flat) and the ring around the center of the wheel is raised higher than the spokes.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

These look like some sort of Racing Dynamics knock off, not sure... Anyone here know what these are?
                WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

Originally posted by AE86 View Post
                  These look like some sort of Racing Dynamics knock off, not sure... Anyone here know what these are?
                  it wont hurt giving more info, take the wheel off see whats written on the back: offset, where made, size..
                  I'm not an expert but Racing Dynamics should have a bigger lip, rep is defiantly possible. they look great non the less,
                  - also reminded me of Mille Miglia wheels
                  some what similar lip
                  link: http://maxbimmer.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1311260066
                  Transaction Feedback: -click here
                  [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
                  [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Come on guys which one of you gurus can help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
                      it wont hurt giving more info, take the wheel off see whats written on the back: offset, where made, size..
                      I'm not an expert but Racing Dynamics should have a bigger lip, rep is defiantly possible. they look great non the less,
                      - also reminded me of Mille Miglia wheels
                      some what similar lip
                      link: http://maxbimmer.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1311260066
                      The wheel is 16" and it's 7.5" wide... dunno about the offset?

On the back it's stamped:

16x7.5 J J
                      DOT - T

and this:

WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

All i know is they are stamped ruote o.z.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Have someone dig out a vintage 88 ish VW&Porsche mag and look at the Tirerack ad they sold MSW/OZ/BBS and all the other big names from then there.

They were very common on VW MK 1's in the day in 15x7.5's
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

It's not a certain wheel but more a brand of wheels but..

Dude claims he has a set of "Centura" wheels made in Germany I might be picking up. Anyone ever heard of the brand?

And yes, I've searched with no results :(

Comment

Centra?
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                                Have someone dig out a vintage 88 ish VW&Porsche mag and look at the Tirerack ad they sold MSW/OZ/BBS and all the other big names from then there.

They were very common on VW MK 1's in the day in 15x7.5's
                                Good idea. Who has vintage mags though?

Comment

Working...
                                X