Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official "What is this wheel?" thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe_Nycalive
    replied
    I just picked up this 88 e30 and for the life of me I don't know and kind find any info on the wheels that it came with. I am going to put a different set of wheels on but I want to keep these for the winter if I can find out what they are. It says they are from Germany but I still can't find them. have you guys seen these before?

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Quick searching found almost nada on Gammas, but Stinnes, also by Amil were another 4x100 offering in a similar offset. Pretty sure Amil is long gone, and I vaguely recall some French connection in the Peugeot/Citroen community, so you may find more if you search in other than English.

Leave a comment:

• Vantablack
    replied
    Hoping I can find some information about these. Listed as:

AMIL 7x15 4x100 Offset ET26

Also listed as Amil Gamma in an ad (the black car, not mine). I tried looking for them extensively elsewhere with no luck. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Mashedpedale30
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post

Been searching for too long trying to find out what these are. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those wheels are kamei borbets they came with the kamei kit I believe in the 80s or early 90s I have a set on my car currently

Leave a comment:

• Cathedral
    replied
    Originally posted by E30Brad View Post
    Anyone try these Corsa GT Steelies yet? They look like they might clear the calipers in the front, but F@#$ if i know. I'm not trying to space the hell out of steelies again. Thanks. 16x8 5.00" back spacing 4x100 in photos.

So, I absolutely love the appearance of these wheels and I think it fits perfectly with the balance of aesthetics usefulness I'm trying to achieve with my E30. The reason why is I have a diving board '91 cabrio and instead of trying to change the bumpers and whatnot, I want to embrace the late-80's utilitarian clunkiness off the car. Keep the diving boards, keep the fogs, keep the front license plate, nothing flashy or slick.

The problem I have with these wheels is what's been stated before: they're too damn heavy. I plan on auto-x'ing the cabrio as an almost bone stock machine (lowered, though) and I don't want to add all the extra weight to swing around.

Does anyone know of another source of wheels that are like this, classic and utilitarian but also slick looking, that don't weigh more than the unsprung mass of 10 dead stars?

Leave a comment:

• jbontke
    replied
    Originally posted by jbontke View Post
    These wheels came on the car and I cannot find any identifying markings. Any help is appreciated. 16x8 and I measured about ~5" of backspacing. I am not sure what number is the offset.

I'll answer my own question, the wheel is an XXR 501 16x8 with +15 offset.

Leave a comment:

• jbontke
    replied
    These wheels came on the car and I cannot find any identifying markings. Any help is appreciated. 16x8 and I measured about ~5" of backspacing. I am not sure what number is the offset.

Last edited by jbontke; 04-30-2019, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dsm2002
    replied
    Compomotive TH

Leave a comment:

• kings
    replied
    They look like Compomotives. Not entirely sure though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• e30 brick
    replied
    HELP! what wheels are these?

Hello, saw these on the interweb, and I think they look pretty cool. What are these?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• E30SPDFRK
    replied
    Originally posted by Metallated View Post
    CCW Classic 5

Leave a comment:

• Powling
    replied
    They look like CCW's

Leave a comment:

• uturn
    replied
    No one?
    Not centra turbos because those have 6 spokes.
    It's some kind of turbo, turbine or throwing star style wheel.

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    No one?
    I think they are from the Enkei catalog from back in the 80s. You may also want to try American Eagle wheels.
    Originally posted by Metallated View Post
    Look like fifteen52 wheels, not 100% on the exact name.

Leave a comment:

• Metallated
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X