Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official "What is this wheel?" thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
    These wheels came on the car and I cannot find any identifying markings. Any help is appreciated. 16x8 and I measured about ~5" of backspacing. I am not sure what number is the offset.

I'll answer my own question, the wheel is an XXR 501 16x8 with +15 offset.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Brad View Post
      Anyone try these Corsa GT Steelies yet? They look like they might clear the calipers in the front, but F@#$ if i know. I'm not trying to space the hell out of steelies again. Thanks. 16x8 5.00" back spacing 4x100 in photos.

So, I absolutely love the appearance of these wheels and I think it fits perfectly with the balance of aesthetics usefulness I'm trying to achieve with my E30. The reason why is I have a diving board '91 cabrio and instead of trying to change the bumpers and whatnot, I want to embrace the late-80's utilitarian clunkiness off the car. Keep the diving boards, keep the fogs, keep the front license plate, nothing flashy or slick.

The problem I have with these wheels is what's been stated before: they're too damn heavy. I plan on auto-x'ing the cabrio as an almost bone stock machine (lowered, though) and I don't want to add all the extra weight to swing around.

Does anyone know of another source of wheels that are like this, classic and utilitarian but also slick looking, that don't weigh more than the unsprung mass of 10 dead stars?

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post

Been searching for too long trying to find out what these are. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those wheels are kamei borbets they came with the kamei kit I believe in the 80s or early 90s I have a set on my car currently

Comment

Hoping I can find some information about these. Listed as:

AMIL 7x15 4x100 Offset ET26

Also listed as Amil Gamma in an ad (the black car, not mine). I tried looking for them extensively elsewhere with no luck. Any ideas?

Comment

Quick searching found almost nada on Gammas, but Stinnes, also by Amil were another 4x100 offering in a similar offset. Pretty sure Amil is long gone, and I vaguely recall some French connection in the Peugeot/Citroen community, so you may find more if you search in other than English.

Comment

I just picked up this 88 e30 and for the life of me I don't know and kind find any info on the wheels that it came with. I am going to put a different set of wheels on but I want to keep these for the winter if I can find out what they are. It says they are from Germany but I still can't find them. have you guys seen these before?
              1988 321 - Currently in pieces
              2008 335xi - lightly modded…….
              2003 Element - My everyday beater :)

NYC ALIVE

Comment

CR7, used to be really popular in the early-mid 2000's, haven't seen much about them in years. I think they were Tunershop's in-house brand iirc. They're probably still worth something
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                  CR7, used to be really popular in the early-mid 2000's, haven't seen much about them in years. I think they were Tunershop's in-house brand iirc. They're probably still worth something
                  CR7? on the rim it says CR 90, I guess that's why I couldn't find anything on them. thanks for that info. I will look into them.
                  1988 321 - Currently in pieces
                  2008 335xi - lightly modded…….
                  2003 Element - My everyday beater :)

NYC ALIVE

Comment

I drove six hours roundtrip today to pick up these Amil 15X7 ET25 10 spoke wheels with a huge lip. Anyone know the name of this Amil wheel? For those of you not familiar with Amil wheels, they are made in Belgium. Amil was an original OEM alloy wheel manufacturer for Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and TVR. Unknown if they are still in business (or been bought out) or who the US distributor was.
                    74 2002tii (many mods)
                    86 325 (sold)
                    88 325is (sold)
                    89 325i (totaled)
                    91 318is (parted out)
                    91 318i
                    98 Tacoma Prerunner (parts hauler)

Comment

Originally posted by Vantablack View Post
                      Hoping I can find some information about these. Listed as:

AMIL 7x15 4x100 Offset ET26

Also listed as Amil Gamma in an ad (the black car, not mine). I tried looking for them extensively elsewhere with no luck. Any ideas?
                      See my above post on Amil wheels, I now have two sets of 15X7 Amil wheels. The above set and this set of Amil 15X7 ET26 6 spoke wheels that I bought two years ago that I had restored and fitted with Kumho 205/55-15 PS31 tires. They are now on my 91 E30 318i They have MSW center caps since they fit perfectly and Amil center caps are unobtanium. Amil wheels very rarely come up for sale in the US market. I've never seen a set of Amil Gamma wheels, sweet and very rare wheel.
                      74 2002tii (many mods)
                      86 325 (sold)
                      88 325is (sold)
                      89 325i (totaled)
                      91 318is (parted out)
                      91 318i
                      98 Tacoma Prerunner (parts hauler)

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post

I've never seen a set of Amil Gamma wheels, sweet and very rare wheel.
                        In a rare twist of fate, I got that pair from that car. I did a "search google for this image" and found a guy in Bulgaria who restores rare wheels as a hobby. He said he no longer had them but would keep a look out for them. The new buyer of that car that I posted also contacted him for the Euro stock 15" wheels and connected us, and then I bought them from him. Turns out we even went to the same college.

I'll post pictures once they are on my car (a beautiful red 318is). If I crack one of the wheels I am screwed. They are indeed exceedingly rare.

Comment

Came on the car when I bought them, had no idea what they are. Someone suggested they may be racing dynamics?

Comment

Saw these pop up in an estate sale listing. The photos aren't great but i thought i would see if anyone could recognize these. Any idea what they could be?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	80284C1B-2D09-4D98-9FD9-6E34D2E16384.jpeg
Views:	437
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	9972137 Click image for larger version

Name:	F56387CB-C778-4DA3-91C3-4F73BF972DC1.jpeg
Views:	437
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	9972136 Forgot about this. As promised, these are the Amil Gamma on my E30

Comment

Originally posted by SD-KC View Post
                                Saw these pop up in an estate sale listing. The photos aren't great but i thought i would see if anyone could recognize these. Any idea what they could be?
                                BMW OE 16x8 5x120 style 5. Common wheel used for e30s with adapters or re-drilled.
                                Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                                BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Working...
                                X