bassetts on an e30....fitment/backspacing question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • worangejuice
    replied
    Originally posted by worangejuice
    hmmm,I know a guy has 4" and 4.5" 15x8 for front and rear, he said it works out too +0 and-12 but its on a e21. it looked flush too
    4" and 4.5" 15x8 for front and rear,= +0 and-12
    So for future search references that setup is perfect for an e30.
    the guy who put them on the e21 put them on an e30 and it was perfecto...................tires are up to you I guess.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by worangejuice
    ? whats the difference between these and diamond racing wheels really?
    They seem cool to run, seen other guys run em
    Diamond wheels are ghey as well.

    The only reason people are running steel wheels is because it's a cheap way to get a wide wheel. But they look like they should be on an '86 Monte Carlo with a "3" painted on the hood.

    I agree with Danny XXRs/Rota/Rotiform or whatever.........at least go with one of those instead of steelies.

    Leave a comment:


  • S&E30
    replied
    Originally posted by worangejuice
    Just running lowering springs......Im stuill gonna need a fender roll....So if the front is +0 Im gonna assume it will need some grinding. The Bassetts are very similar to DRW but Id say cheaper (same quality if not better) and only can go up too 15" in size.
    Yes, if you don't want to run spacers or just a small spacer. I have the DRW's in 15x8 +0 but used a 10mm spacer to clear the brakes. I also use a 195/50 tire.

    Leave a comment:


  • worangejuice
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    ^Or you could just save up and not run dirt track wheels.
    ? whats the difference between these and diamond racing wheels really?
    They seem cool to run, seen other guys run em

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Or just buy some sportmaxes. They really don't look THAT bad.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    ^Or you could just save up and not run dirt track wheels.

    Leave a comment:


  • worangejuice
    replied
    Just running lowering springs......Im stuill gonna need a fender roll....So if the front is +0 Im gonna assume it will need some grinding. The Bassetts are very similar to DRW but Id say cheaper (same quality if not better) and only can go up too 15" in size.

    Leave a comment:


  • S&E30
    replied
    4" BS would be -12 and 4.5" is +0. 4.75" can work, as that is +6, but if those wheels are like DRW's then you'll need to grind down the caliper so they'll clear. Not sure how they'll look though as I've never ran springs only coilovers. The rears will fit easily it's just the fronts that always have issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • ak-
    replied
    8.5'' with et12

    Leave a comment:


  • Pussy30
    replied
    I ran 15x8 and 15x7 with 205/50 and 195/50 and 0 offset/backspacing. Definitely need to roll your fenders but it will look awesome. What suspension are you running.

    Leave a comment:


  • worangejuice
    replied
    hmmm,I know a guy has 4" and 4.5" 15x8 for front and rear, he said it works out too +0 and-12 but its on a e21. it looked flush too

    Leave a comment:


  • S&E30
    replied
    Not sure about these wheels but I know with DRW's you need a spacer to clear the brakes in the front unless you grind down the caliper. Looking at their backspace options I'd do 15x8 4.75" BS but if you go the spacer route that will put you in the negative offsets.

    Looking at your car though, you're not low enough to pull off those sizes. I run 15x8 -10 but I'm really low to make it work.

    Leave a comment:


  • mr.vang
    replied
    et 0 is no good. over kill for the front.15 or 20 should sit flush with 15x8...

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    195/50 you can go crazy like 15x8 ET0, and you're going to need to be slammed to pull off tiny tires like that.

    Leave a comment:


  • 8380 Labs
    replied
    do they have 195/45 in dirt track fitment?

    Leave a comment:

Working...