Tire brand/fitment/combo question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Victell
    replied
    Its way past tomorrow. Pics?

    Leave a comment:


  • zerokid5555
    replied
    I will try and snap something tomorrow

    Leave a comment:


  • Aerton
    replied
    Originally posted by zerokid5555
    I bought them off tirerack.com I believe I payed around $500 with shipping, I am very happy with them. They just saved my ass in the rain today from a nasty hydroplane on a flooded side road, car stayed straight and predictable! The car also handles very well on dry roads, tire is also quite. No rubbing or fitment issues 205/50/16 on h&r sports. Fills side walls nicely. I am very happy with them no complaints. :up:
    Nice quite the opposite why I would never buy Good Year!!! I went from Yokohama's to a set of Eagle GT 4 something like that. Second day on the tires its rainin and I almost killed myself on the same off ramp I have taken hundreds of times on the Yoko's.

    Can you post some pics of your cars fitment with the tires.

    Thanks
    Last edited by Aerton; 10-07-2011, 07:30 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • zerokid5555
    replied
    I bought them off tirerack.com I believe I payed around $500 with shipping, I am very happy with them. They just saved my ass in the rain today from a nasty hydroplane on a flooded side road, car stayed straight and predictable! The car also handles very well on dry roads, tire is also quite. No rubbing or fitment issues 205/50/16 on h&r sports. Fills side walls nicely. I am very happy with them no complaints. :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • Aerton
    replied
    Originally posted by zerokid5555
    thanks for all the help..pulled the trigger on the DWS's in 205 50 16
    Wait, who did you get them from? How much and how do you like them. I'm in NNJ and thinking of getting the same tire.

    Leave a comment:


  • zerokid5555
    replied
    thanks for all the help..pulled the trigger on the DWS's in 205 50 16

    Leave a comment:


  • zerokid5555
    replied
    Thinking of going with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS in a 205 50 16

    Leave a comment:


  • zerokid5555
    replied
    I was looking at the nexens, there $75 on tirecrawler! I didn't calculate the cheapest price with shipping yet...If I go H&R sport on my 16x7.5rims, what size do you think I should go with? I'm concerned about fitment and having to much of a fender gap. Also I am thinking I will lose positive rake going h&r sport.
    Last edited by zerokid5555; 08-27-2011, 10:54 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    I've got to throw in that I am running the Nexen N3000 on my S50 car. I think they are a great tire and they are priced very reasonably! Something to consider though, they run wide for their size. This is not necessarily a bad thing but keep this in mind!

    I personally am a fan of running the widest tire that will fit with the application. I'd go 225/45. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_fiend
    ...
    Taylor
    I appreciate your knowledge and my attitude has by far been worsened by the amount of members who know little to nothing as to what they're talking about. The main reason for my backlash is the simple fact that people make the assumption that because my car is a 318 M10 it's a black sheep and a piece of shit e30, there's no reason as to why I should have the modifications I have. Few realize that I'm at the limit of FSP in autocross.

    At the end of the day, I was fighting fire with fire and I didn't mean to interpret your post as hostile or patronizing if you didn't mean it to be. My apologies.

    Originally posted by zerokid5555
    lol yeah there is a lot more choices in that size and the higher sidewall will probably look good with the sport springs installed. Any recommendations on a tire/brand for a 205/50/16's?
    I've had good experience with BFG g-force sports but they are a summer tire. I'm trying out the potenza RE760s which seem to be performing pretty good but I have yet to push them. Take most of the tirerack reviews with a grain of salt -- people range from knowing exactly what to expect to thinking they're going to get 60k out of a performance tire.

    Leave a comment:


  • zerokid5555
    replied
    lol yeah there is a lot more choices in that size and the higher sidewall will probably look good with the sport springs installed. Any recommendations on a tire/brand for a 205/50/16's?

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_fiend
    replied
    ^^^^
    there you go OP. If thats what you want then go for it. I feel the 205's are a better choice due to availability and choices in brand and design.

    Leave a comment:


  • Irish1
    replied
    225/45X16s are the perfect size tires for 16s. SAME overall diameter as the OEM Basketweaves and tire set 14 inch wheels, better turn-in, better traction. They fit FINE on 16X7 OR 16X8 wheels (the set-up on my Alpinas). Hard to find in that size, yes, but worth it.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_fiend
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaxx_
    yep, they're an extra $25 each. 137-132... ...25. Also, 205 is a very slight stretch on 7.5, 215 is pretty much square on a 7.5. it's by no means going to be visually stretched, but as I mentioned, better sidewall response.
    KDW2 is not the tire he was thinking about using. He was contemplating 452's. Check prices on those between a 205/50 and a 225/45...

    You keep talking widths. You aren't even mentioning the aspect ratio of a tire. A 205/50 is BY NO MEANS stretched on a 7.5. I have a 205/40 on a 7.5 RIGHT now and the stretch is minimal.

    I will assume you know how to read a tire size and understand it so when I say aspect ratio, you should know what Im talking about. I have had more brands of tires mounted on various widths of wheels than you can imagine. I worked in the tire business for 5 years. I have seen a lot and know a lot about tires.

    And about your track car, I have everything you noted, in my daily driver. I have ZERO traction issues with my 205's stretched on my wheels. Next to no sidewall flew. I never once said being competitive meant running smaller tires. And if you are so worried about weight, you may think twice about running a wider(HEAVIER) tire. You also have to understand that you are speaking for all 205 tires when you say they will stretch or not stretch. There are a ton of tires available that even when mounted on a wheel WAY out of its mounting range, still may not stretch much.

    Simply put, a wider tire(by 20mm) does not necessarily mean more grip. Physical grip, yes. Actual NOTICEABLE grip? No.

    With all that said, I dont mean to get in a pissing fight with you but dont assume I dont know anything about tires and try to patronize me.

    To the OP, do what you feel you think is best but if you have any real questions about anything pertaining to tires, shoot me a PM. I've been in your situation before and luckily there were people on here who gave real talk answers to my questions and were respectful of every member. Seems things have gone downhill since I joined back in 06.


    Taylor

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    Originally posted by zerokid5555
    hmmm..you have me close to ordering a 205/50/16 and a set of h&r sport springs...lol tired of my vogtlands my car is slammed.
    you will have a much much bigger selection of tires in 205/50/16

    Leave a comment:

Working...