Track guys, wide rubber?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • L8 apexr
    replied
    Simply go to a hoosier 275-35-15 in the R35 compound,wide,sticky AND short enough to fit.

    Leave a comment:


  • LowR3V'in
    replied
    well if you find a perfect wheel tire size combo please post it up.
    It's a joke how small the e30 can squeeeeze in.

    Leave a comment:


  • GillesBigCowboy
    replied
    700 hp?
    wow

    Leave a comment:


  • dmoney(AB)
    replied
    bump
    anyone sucessfully running a 275/40r17?

    Leave a comment:


  • IronFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by earendil
    really son, you don't need that much tire when all you have....








    may i suggest something like this.
    word!

    Leave a comment:


  • Madhatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    I would be concerned more with the height of the tire than the width when attempting to fit them under an E30 body.
    Diameter of the 255's is only 15mm bigger than the 215/45's that are on it now. I have no spring perch in the way as im running coil overs, plus the spacers to clear the calipers properly, and the guards aren't a problem as they will be modified.

    Leave a comment:


  • Earendil
    replied
    Really son, you don't need that much tire when all you have....

    Originally posted by Madhatter
    700hp 427ci LS1.





    May I suggest something like this.

    Leave a comment:


  • IronFreak
    replied
    Holy crap man.......I got to see this thing when its done. That makes my swap look like a hamster wheel power plant.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I would be concerned more with the height of the tire than the width when attempting to fit them under an E30 body.

    Leave a comment:


  • Madhatter
    replied
    700hp 427ci LS1.

    Leave a comment:


  • fronton
    replied
    What is your power and purpose? Are you finding that R spec 255 tires are insufficient?

    Leave a comment:


  • Madhatter
    started a topic Track guys, wide rubber?

    Track guys, wide rubber?

    At a bit of a cross roads on where to go from here, so wondering what you guys are running out there? In particular kind of interested to hear from any of the M3 crowd to see what they can fit under their guards.

    Currently have some 255/40R17's in an R spec rubber (so its really about 270mm ride) to go on the car, but kind of toying with the idea of going even wider to 275/40R17's on the rear. As I need to build the flares to fit everything properly, can't really decide on if I should go the M3 wide body route, or stick to building some flares. If you are kind of limited by just how wide you can go even on the M3 with their flared guards/quarters, then I guess that would rule that out anyway.



    FYI, ive got some 17x9" ET20 wheels at the moment and im runninn a 15mm spacer with plenty of room to clear everything, so I have a lot to play with as inbound space goes so don't tell me they won't fit because I know they will already :) . If I step up to wider rears, I can get some 17x10.5's ET10 which will give me plenty of width for wider tyres on the back too. Might just try the 255/40's all round for a bit and go from there, but maybe make sure there is enough space for 275's under the rear which ever route I do go down.
Working...