Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these BBS's fit in an E30?

15x8 ET14
    15x8.5 ET8

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Definitely fit, but you'll need to run stretched tires and roll the fenders heavily. 205/50/15 is a good choice (all around).
    Thanks Mystikal!!! The set up you recommended came out perfect.

RIP

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by maniacmatt
      Okay this has probably been asked in here before but I don't imagine I'll have much luck finding it.

I need new tires for my Ronal LS' 15x7.5 et25. I was thinking 225/50/15 hankook ventus RS-2's. I am lowered about 1.25'' on the cheesy tokico suspension and my fenders are not rolled.

What do you think am I going to have any rubbing issues? Should I go smaller?

This is an interesting issue right now actually. I know of two E30 owners who have tried to run that same tire on that same rim. One (who I know, and trust) had horrible rubbing issues on the front struts, and had to actually throw away the tires. The other won't give me any details, but he alluded to not having any problems.

So, I'd suggest going smaller. Or if you really want 225's, the BFG G-Force Sport is known to work and is honestly a pretty similar tire to the R-S2.
      Let's say a guy really wanted the FAT Hankook RS-2 in this size, wheel & offset. Would a 5mm spacer or a +20 wheel and heavily rolled fenders get it in there?
      "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
        what size wheels?
        17 x 8 ET 25

If I thought 195/40s would still be around in a few years, I'd go 20mm front, 28mm rear.

Oh and I wish I had some dollars, I'd buy your D90s.;)
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          Assume cut and slightly rolled rears and rolled slightly pulled fronts, can I go 205/40 KDW2 with a 15mm spacer in the front and 25mm spacer in the rear?

Would end up ET 10 front ET 0 rear.

I'm hesistant to do a setup meant for 195/40s as there aren't many available and I have a feeling that size will die soon.
          You'd need to make around 14mm more room in the rear than a stock unmolested fender would have. It's entirely possible with an aggressive enough cut/roll.

The front is pretty much a cakewalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bey View Post
            Will these BBS's fit in an E30?

15x8 ET14
            15x8.5 ET8

Thanks Mystikal!!! The set up you recommended came out perfect.
            You're welcome, looks good.

How much time did you spend on the rear fenders? It's a pretty tight fitment in there.

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
              Let's say a guy really wanted the FAT Hankook RS-2 in this size, wheel & offset. Would a 5mm spacer or a +20 wheel and heavily rolled fenders get it in there?
              3mm will probably be enough. Run them only on the front, and you don't need longer bolts.

Even with the +25 Ronals, it'll be a tight fit on the rear without fender rolling. May or may not rub depending on suspension.

Comment

You'd need to make around 14mm more room in the rear than a stock unmolested fender would have. It's entirely possible with an aggressive enough cut/roll.

The front is pretty much a cakewalk.
                Thanks for the info, I figured the front wouldn't be bad, but I knew the back would.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Jay, what do you think about 16x8 et13 fitment on my E30 M3 5-lug swapped car? Also, what tire size?
                  Originally posted by Simon S
                  When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

You're welcome, looks good.

How much time did you spend on the rear fenders? It's a pretty tight fitment in there.
                    About 30 minutes per fender. It was easy once the fender got nice and hot. It still rubs a little when I go over big bumps on the freeway but that's about it.

RIP

Comment

My new wheels seem to fit funky in my opinion. Here's the specs:

- 4x100
                      - 15"x7"
                      - et28
                      - 195/60R15 tires
                      - need any other info? is there any?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

17 x 9, 245/40, ET ????

Basically I'm thinking of making the Works a flush fit street wheel with a slight stretch, then buying another set of wheels for an Extreme Performance Summer tire.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

16x7 et15 on h&r cupkit. 87 325is. Should I go with 205 50 16 azenzis or 215 45 16.

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
                          Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
                          Lobsterbacks attack the town again
                          Wrap all my things in aluminum
                          Beams of darkness streak across the sky
                          Pink rays from the ancient satellite
                          Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
                          Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                            My new wheels seem to fit funky in my opinion. Here's the specs:

- 4x100
                            - 15"x7"
                            - et28
                            - 195/60R15 tires
                            - need any other info? is there any?
                            you want 205/55 tires, and maybe an 5-8mm spacer.
                            http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

How bout these:

15x8 3.75" backspacing front and rear?

Thanks.
                              Last edited by jtb_29; 09-25-2008, 12:08 AM.
                              The grilles really distract you from the fact that someone took a sledgehammer to the front end.

Comment

Originally posted by 318iSdaniel View Post
                                you want 205/55 tires, and maybe an 5-8mm spacer.
                                Do I want spacers in the front and rear?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X