Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaT_e30 View Post
    Asking this for my cousin.... could be just a little extreme

17x9.5 all around. Though they are 5 lug and have a backspacing of 7&1/2in Would they work in any way lol? 5 lug swap?, or huge adapters?, stretched tires and pulllllled fenders. His car is a 91' 318i btw.

Only reason he's asking is because they are at the shop he works at and he can pick them up for cheap.

:crazy:
    9.5" is a little much for the front.

Rolled/pulled fenders all around, stretched tires, stiff springs, custom adapters...

It's by no means a cheap path. If the wheels are cheap, he'l spend 3x that amount minimum getting them to work.

Comment

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
      OK, looking at really affordable set of 17x7's 45et to run 235's, but hoping to find something wider that fits. Pretty sure there are some 245's out there, but not many?
      Is there anything wider that works?

Figure on 20mm spacers? Fenders are already rolled.
      On GC coils, so I can adjust height.

Advice?

Tire suggestions?
      Just boosted the bitch, so I need as much rubber as possible.

J.
      235s shouldn't be mounted on 7" wheels.

The Dunlop Z1 is the stickiest street tire out right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
        So..lets say I have a buddy that will give up some tires that have about 60 miles on them but they are 235/40 17's. Can I get these on 17x7's? Balloons ftw ehh? He actually has a pair of 215/40 and 235/40

The wheels are et40 or 42 and I'll be running 20mm spacers.
        Also..anyone have any experiences with the Falken 452's?
        Yeah, like I just said to the other guy, 235 is too much for a 7" wheel. It's actually technically too much for a 7.5", but it's possible.

452s are great tires though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          If you got adapters they would become ET0 at the highest, so it's possible with 205/40/17 tires and rolled/pulled fenders.
          Sounds good. Do you know a good place to get adapters? Do you think 215/40/17 would be too tall of a tire?

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

16X7.5 with an ET 35. It has 225/50/16 on it right now, with unknown spacer size. Bigger spacer on the front that is hub centric, on the rear a smaller non-hub centric. Looks kinda goofy. Rear doenst rub because my camber is all messed up, the front is already rolled. I am hoping to run the smaller tires with a flush/slightly tucked looked and the camber fixed. It is lowered on eibach pro-kits. Sorry to ask twice, but i jumped the gun the first time. I hope to run 205/50/16.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
              Sounds good. Do you know a good place to get adapters? Do you think 215/40/17 would be too tall of a tire?
              Don't know about adapters, and a 215 is only possible with pulled fenders.

Comment

225/50/15 will work on those. Tires can't "pull wheels out" though, not sure what you meant by that.
                I meant like studs and spacers, my fenders aren't rolled yet but they will be before those wheels go on.
                ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
                *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by monoaural View Post
                  16X7.5 with an ET 35. It has 225/50/16 on it right now, with unknown spacer size. Bigger spacer on the front that is hub centric, on the rear a smaller non-hub centric. Looks kinda goofy. Rear doenst rub because my camber is all messed up, the front is already rolled. I am hoping to run the smaller tires with a flush/slightly tucked looked and the camber fixed. It is lowered on eibach pro-kits. Sorry to ask twice, but i jumped the gun the first time. I hope to run 205/50/16.
                  Basically, a 225/45/16 is an easy fit with those wheels. Even with up to a 15mm spacer on the back, it won't rub (and it definitely sounds like the spacer on there is smaller than that). The front is no concern at all. A 205/50 is even easier.

Comment

Don't know about adapters, and a 215 is only possible with pulled fenders.
                    So should I get 20mm adapters? I want them to be flush with the fender.

thanks again jay.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

So should I get 20mm adapters? I want them to be flush with the fender.

thanks again jay.
                      If you want serious flush, then 20mm front and 25mm rear will do that. It will look insane, but be ready to employ that fender roller you have.

Comment

Sounds good. So tons of fender rolling basicly. Do you think it will look good or should I tuck them in the fender more? I have never seen any e30's with these so I have no clue right now lol.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

9.5" is a little much for the front.

Rolled/pulled fenders all around, stretched tires, stiff springs, custom adapters...

It's by no means a cheap path. If the wheels are cheap, he'l spend 3x that amount minimum getting them to work.
                          That's what I had figured.....

Do you know what would be a "good" offset for them?

Apparently they're 17x9.5 ARE Mesh wheels for $350 either two/three piece? Have you seen these? They look like RS's.... Guess he'll have to decide whether they're worth the trouble or not.

Comment

I ahve an 88m3 and am running style 5's from an e39. 17x8 et20. I have 5mm spacers in the front, to clear the brake clips. Whats the largest spacer I could fit in the rear without any interference? 5mm or maybe 10mm? tires are 215/40/17"
                            Originally posted by codyep3
                            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                            2010 F650gs twin
                            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Thank you sir

That is just about flush. So with stretched tires (215/40/16 on the back, your choice on the front), yeah.

Comment

Sounds good. So tons of fender rolling basicly. Do you think it will look good or should I tuck them in the fender more? I have never seen any e30's with these so I have no clue right now lol.
                                A few guys even have the 17x8 and 17x9 staggered ones on here, do a search.

I think it'll look great with the right stance and stretched tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X