Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, Thanks again.

alex

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Yeah, with a 20mm spacer they'd fit fine.
      Thanks :D ( I assume any miata wheel will fit bmw with spacer)

Comment

Next time you see a pic of a car with fitment that you like, steal the url and post the pic in here. I'll base my advice on that.
        you got it, thanks for putting up with all of my questions.

Comment

You'd basically need ~20mm more room than a stock unrolled fender would provide. Whether you want to do that with or without flare add-ons is up to you.
          Cheers mate
          sigpic

Comment

I have a set of wheels that I happened to keep from my old project car and was wondering what it would take, if anything, to make them fit on my '90 325i. They are 15x7 +43 all around.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Either size is fine really. BMW used both diameters on E30s (early and late models).
              Thanks Mystical. I will put 205/50/15 then, which is cheaper.

Comment

You can slightly hide stretch with a taller sidewall. If you run a 215/45/16 all around, it will apear less stretched than a 215/40/16. A 225 would basically require pulled lips to fit them safely.

You won't need any spacers, as long as the fronts are indeed E30-spec and not VW (meaning ET20 instead of ET35).
                excellent, thanks for the info. Will the 45s raise the car a little bit?

I actually have 5 16x9s and 2 16x7.5s so I am debating running either staggered or all 16x9s. Thinking of getting some tires mounted on 3 16x9s and 1 16x7.5 and see what I like better.

What sort of spacers would I need to run up front with the 16x9s? Should I run hub centric rings with these borbets? Does anyone have a suggestion of an online vendor to get them at? rings and spacers...

thanks again!!
                Last edited by jakeb; 02-08-2009, 08:23 AM.
                www.classicdaily.net
                1970 m42 swapped 2002
                1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

I have a set of 15x7 ET35 Borbet Type C's.

If I'm not mistaken, I can run a 205/50-15 Azenis RT-615 with a 10mm hubcentric spacer and longer lugbolts and be A-OK, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Let It Rust View Post
                    I have a set of wheels that I happened to keep from my old project car and was wondering what it would take, if anything, to make them fit on my '90 325i. They are 15x7 +43 all around.

Thank you for your time.
                    20mm hubcentric spacers and longer bolts. Oh, and 57.1mm centering rings.

Comment

Well my ronals are gone, and now with summer approaching i've decided on picking up a set of DZ exclusive DZ1's,
                      This is the plan,
                      9x16 et25 rears
                      7.5x16 et20 fronts
                      wrapped in toyo T1R rubber
                      225/40 rears
                      215/40 fronts
                      The question is, will this work without rolling fenders/spacers/modification?
                      suspension btw is KW 60/40 drop with koni SA's

and yes, i searched... then searched some more, and no actually sizing/offset was confirmed
                      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                        excellent, thanks for the info. Will the 45s raise the car a little bit?

I actually have 5 16x9s and 2 16x7.5s so I am debating running either staggered or all 16x9s. Thinking of getting some tires mounted on 3 16x9s and 1 16x7.5 and see what I like better.

What sort of spacers would I need to run up front with the 16x9s? Should I run hub centric rings with these borbets? Does anyone have a suggestion of an online vendor to get them at? rings and spacers...

thanks again!!
                        45s will create more ground clearance, but they will actually make the wheelgap smaller. So it can make it look lower, really.

You'd need 5mm spacers on the front with the 16x9s. You would need hubcentric rings, Tunershop carriers both parts for those wheels but I'm not positive they sell them seperately.

Comment

Originally posted by Sha1234 View Post
                          Well my ronals are gone, and now with summer approaching i've decided on picking up a set of DZ exclusive DZ1's,
                          This is the plan,
                          9x16 et25 rears
                          7.5x16 et20 fronts
                          wrapped in toyo T1R rubber
                          225/40 rears
                          215/40 fronts
                          The question is, will this work without rolling fenders/spacers/modification?
                          suspension btw is KW 60/40 drop with koni SA's

and yes, i searched... then searched some more, and no actually sizing/offset was confirmed
                          Tim
                          Nice setup. I'm almost positive you'd still need to roll the rear fenders for that setup. If you back down to 205/45 and 215/40, you'd be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                            I have a set of 15x7 ET35 Borbet Type C's.

If I'm not mistaken, I can run a 205/50-15 Azenis RT-615 with a 10mm hubcentric spacer and longer lugbolts and be A-OK, correct?
                            I'm still not sold on these new 10mm hubcentric spacers, haven't seen any testimonials yet. You can just run 15mm ones anyway, and still have plenty of room.

Comment

BTW, just an announcement here guys. I'm heading to D.C. and Jamaica for the next couple weeks, I should be back online closer to the end of the month. If you have any questions feel free to ask here, but I won't be replying until then. If you have anything urgent, ask today.

Comment

Here's a hypothetical again: 17x7.5 front with 215/40 and rear 17x8.5 with 245/35, ET 25 both ends. Yay?
                                '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                                '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Working...
                                X