Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D_Sagan View Post
    I've got a 1985 325e with Bilstein HD shocks and stock springs (going to a H&R coilover or ground control coil over setup).

I'd like to run the following setup if possible:
    Rota D2 17x8 ET25 with a 225/40/17 FRONT
    Rota D2 17x8.5 ET35 with a 255/35/17 REAR

I'm not adverse to rolling the fenders OR installing fender flares but I'd like some feedback with regard to offset and tire size.
    Sorry for the late reply, working 6 days a week plus summer classes do that to ya.

Run the 17x8.5" ET25 D2 all around, with 235/40/17 or 245/35/17 tires. There is very little advantage to running staggered, because the D2's lip doesn't even change with the offset/width; the hub does.

I was planning on running this exact setup, but decided to stick with my RZ's.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
      15x9.5 and 15x10.5

Offsets can be customized.. so no worries there. Question is... what tires can I run so I can get away with a mild roll?
      Uh...none? qimis, a good friend of mine, as you know runs 16x9.5 and 16x10 on his car, with 215s front and 225s rear (basically the narrowest tires you can realistically mount). Even with the extra ~6mm of room inside the 16's provide compared to your proposed 15's, he had to flare his fenders pretty dramatically.

You're gonna have to play with paint/bondo/FG/prayers to get those wheels on.

Jay

Comment

Jay, picking up my tires from discount tire today, got my damn hubrings finally.

I was going to go with the Ziex ZE-512, but the Ziex ZE-912 is out now.

Which (in 225/50/15 size) would you reccommend? If they're brand new I'll spring for them and test them out. Oh and how long does a treadwear rating of 360 last?
        Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
          Jay, picking up my tires from discount tire today, got my damn hubrings finally.

I was going to go with the Ziex ZE-512, but the Ziex ZE-912 is out now.

Which (in 225/50/15 size) would you reccommend? If they're brand new I'll spring for them and test them out. Oh and how long does a treadwear rating of 360 last?
          I'd try the ZE-912s. They run very slightly wider though (still not as wide as other 225s), I know you're already going aggressive with the 225s.

Don't ever go by treadwear ratings. ZE-512s at 360 will last maybe 20% longer than 200 treadwear RT-615s, if you're lucky. Expect no more than 20,000mi max out of them.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            I'd try the ZE-912s. They run very slightly wider though (still not as wide as other 225s), I know you're already going aggressive with the 225s.

Don't ever go by treadwear ratings. ZE-512s at 360 will last maybe 20% longer than 200 treadwear RT-615s, if you're lucky. Expect no more than 20,000mi max out of them.

Jay
            Alright, the order's going in now...hopefully I'll have my wheels on soon, to the hopes of everyone on this board who stares at my sig :(

EDIT: Just dropped $308 shipped for them, I looooove Discount Tire Direct, can't wait to get these on now!

Oh man I just got a call from them, they're throwing in a FREE set of the hubrings I needed! Dammit I just wasted alot on buying a set too! Oh well, but for future reference, ask in the comments field if you need them!!
            Last edited by M42Technik; 07-13-2007, 04:40 PM.
            Reminiscing...

Comment

Hey quick question. I ordered the 17x7 et25 offset wheels from Ireland Engineering. I was wondering if i could run a 215/50 R 17 with no rubbing. My car is lowered about 30 mm.... If that helps... I know a 205/45 17 is the same as stock, But i was hoping to run a little taller tire for gas mileage sake... Do alot of highway driving... Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigbadyeti View Post
                Hey quick question. I ordered the 17x7 et25 offset wheels from Ireland Engineering. I was wondering if i could run a 215/50 R 17 with no rubbing. My car is lowered about 30 mm.... If that helps... I know a 205/45 17 is the same as stock, But i was hoping to run a little taller tire for gas mileage sake... Do alot of highway driving... Thanks.
                Nope, anything even slightly oversized and you'll be hitting shit. 215/40/17 is the best choice, and find a 3.73 325i/iS 5-speed diff for better mileage.

Jay

Comment

215/40/17 is the best choice
                  yup. IMO, best looking size on an E30, too.
                  find a 3.73 325i/iS 5-speed diff for better mileage.
                  yeah...go to an AutoX meet, look for an E30, they would wanna trade.

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Check out my post http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...t=91993&page=2 I am running probably the same wheel you have ordered or at least the same specs on the wheels and am also running 215/40-17 kdwII's with a H & R race spring setup on koni GC adjustables. Sorry the pictures are not great but I have still yet to bleed the brakes and didnt dare move it to take any pictures. Hope this might help though. But there is TONS of room so you will not have any problems

Comment

Nice... I am more at ease with my selection... .thanks!

Comment

What offset iz good for a 18x9.5 wheel all around with ie flares..et 15??... Im thinking of using 245/35/18 all around.. Any help would be great..
                        Thanks,
                        Ary
                        www.esmwheels.com
                        www.dtmfiberwerkz.com
                        Toll Free: 800.729.5450
                        Local: 818.341.9903

Comment

And also wut will be a good offset if i decide to run a 265/35/18 on a 18x9.5 rim withe the ie flares.. Will this work with the right offset??
                          Thanks,
                          Ary
                          www.esmwheels.com
                          www.dtmfiberwerkz.com
                          Toll Free: 800.729.5450
                          Local: 818.341.9903

Comment

I have no idea how much more room the IE flares provide. I can tell you that in order to avoid the strut, for an 18x9.5" wheel you'd want around ET15 or lower. And any 265/35/18 is going to be a lot of work.

Jay

Comment

Question about tire sizes with a 17x7" et25 wheels. From what i've read the 215 will fit great, but I really want to go with the 235. Car is riding on M3 springs/billies, and has minor camber from Kmacs set about half.

Comment

Originally posted by matt@c3motorsport View Post
                                Question about tire sizes with a 17x7" et25 wheels. From what i've read the 215 will fit great, but I really want to go with the 235. Car is riding on M3 springs/billies, and has minor camber from Kmacs set about half.
                                For a 235, you should have at least an 8" wide wheel. Even mounting them onto 7.5" wide wheels can be a trial (this happened to me, took 40mins per tire and 4 strong arms to mount).

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X