Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
    Jay, can you help me out with this one? I'm going to be getting a staggered set of Kosei K1's. 15x7 ET17 in the front, and 15x8 ET12 in the rear. What would be the best tire size to run?

My front fenders are rolled, and the rears will be soon. I'd like to have good meat on them, since they're going to be autocrossed on, but I don't want to have balloon-looking tires, either. Also keep in mind that I have early rear arches, and they will be rolled.
    i'm not Jay, but

225/50-15's will fit well, although you might get a smidge of "balloon" effect on the front wheels.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Much too tall. Even the 235/40 is oversized, but it can just barely be made to work.
      qft

I have 245/40/18's on a late model e30. I had to roll the fenders and pull the fenders ever so slightly to make them not rub.
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by ojingoh View Post
        Fitment for 215/40 R17 ET35: I know I'll need spacers, but how much spacer? 10mm? Is it hard to find a true hubcentric spacer at that size? '91 body, lowered w/ H&R sports and Bilstein Sports.

Thank you!
        You can most likely get away with none at all, actually.

But for a nice fitment, 10-15mm will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cha ching View Post
          wow, 142 pages...i'm not gonna search; what about style 5's, 17x8, 20et. I'm going to have them filled & re-drilled to 4x100. Would a 225 or 215/40-17 work?
          215/40/17.

Comment

Jay, can you help me out with this one? I'm going to be getting a staggered set of Kosei K1's. 15x7 ET17 in the front, and 15x8 ET12 in the rear. What would be the best tire size to run?

My front fenders are rolled, and the rears will be soon. I'd like to have good meat on them, since they're going to be autocrossed on, but I don't want to have balloon-looking tires, either. Also keep in mind that I have early rear arches, and they will be rolled.
            If you want big tires, then those are the wrong wheels. The rears will be almost flush with the fenders, getting anything bigger than a 205 on will require a lot of spring rate and a lot of fender rolling/pulling (unless you had like 3 degrees of camber from adjustable parts).

Comment

What if, and this is purely hypothetical, I was to have the hub surface of those rears machined down to bring them even with the fronts, at ET17? Can that be done?

Comment

What if, and this is purely hypothetical, I was to have the hub surface of those rears machined down to bring them even with the fronts, at ET17? Can that be done?
                It can be done, as long as there is caliper clearance (and with K1s, there should be plenty).

I'd grind away as much as you can, as much as 13mm of material (meaning ET25 final offset. Yes, this will make the fronts stick out more than the rears). A 225/50 on a 15x8 is wider than it should be, that particular tire runs huge (MUCH MUCH wider than a 225/45/16, and for no good reason).

Comment

Would I have to take them all the way to ET25 to make a 225/50 fit? Is that without rolling the rear fenders? With having them rolled, what's the closest offset I can get away with?

And what about a 215/50/15? Discount Tire sells a 215/50/15 BF Goodrich G Force Sport. Could I make them fit in the rear at their current offset with just rolling fenders?

Comment

Would I have to take them all the way to ET25 to make a 225/50 fit? Is that without rolling the rear fenders? With having them rolled, what's the closest offset I can get away with?

And what about a 215/50/15? Discount Tire sells a 215/50/15 BF Goodrich G Force Sport. Could I make them fit in the rear at their current offset with just rolling fenders?
                    I've seen early arch guys pull off 225/50 15x8 ET20 with just rolling. That PNW guy, backtrail or whatever, he did it. You may want to PM him to get details on how extensive the work was, if at all.

Comment

what is the size of tire for a set of 17x8 et13? (if possible same OD as OEM)

Thanks jay,
                      Julien
                      Build Threads:
                      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

^215/40/17 is damn near OEM OD
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Hey Mystikal, picking up some 17x9 et 37 OZ Superturismos. What size spacer and tires to get near flush fitment, with the beat rubber? I have 4 235/40/17s falken 452s that I'd like to run. I am willing to pull the fenders out, as the lips have already been rolled flat.

Thanks,

Chris
                          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i am planning on using the Ronals i found at the pick-a-part. i will have to use 20mm adapters with them and i will be using IE fender flares to cover them up.

i tried them with a set of 25mm spacers just to see if i liked them.

the wheels are 16x8 and will have an offset of -9mm.

will the IE flares cover them up properly with a 20mm adapter?

i really like the drop of the h&r cup kit, but i don't think the soft ride would work in houston. should i go with bilsteins and IE stage 3 springs?

thanks!

Comment

Hello there,

What should be a fine inflation pressure on a E34 525i (front/rear) running 235/45R17s ?

Thanks Jay.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by distorto View Post

Enjoy those tires, I miss mine. Those bastards are sticky as chewed bubble gum.

Comment

Working...
                                X