Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 325i on H&R OE sports (minimal drop) but has the lower rear fender arches.

I have BBS RS001's for it. I know I can run 205/55-15 all day long on it with no problems. But I am leaning towards 225/50-15 instead. So what size spacers would you recommend to get the clearance needed to fit that size tire? 3mm, 5mm 10mm?

Also what tire would you recommend for a everyday all around tire (wet & dry capability). This car is more of a cruiser/daily driver so sticky tires aren't needed.

I do have a eastwood roller if I need to roll the rears so that doesn't bother me, but I am looking to keep them under the car and in within the fender wells as much as possible...

TIA

Comment

Is it safe to say that 225/45/17 at ET20 on a 17X7.5 is going to give me a laundry list of problems?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Anyone had any problems of wheels rubbing on the caliper? I have some 15X7 Riken Hammers ( et35 ) I was trying to fit, first they rubbed on the strut I used some 3mm spacers and it cleared, but then the wheel hit the lower edge of the brake caliper?

I was trying to avoid having to space them too far and run into rubbing issues, I could remove some material from the lower part of the caliper, its the holding bracket I would guess you'd call it.

anyone massaged their parts with a grinder a bit to get it to fit? it's gotta only be hitting by 1mm

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
          1990 325i on H&R OE sports (minimal drop) but has the lower rear fender arches.

I have BBS RS001's for it. I know I can run 205/55-15 all day long on it with no problems. But I am leaning towards 225/50-15 instead. So what size spacers would you recommend to get the clearance needed to fit that size tire? 3mm, 5mm 10mm?

Also what tire would you recommend for a everyday all around tire (wet & dry capability). This car is more of a cruiser/daily driver so sticky tires aren't needed.

I do have a eastwood roller if I need to roll the rears so that doesn't bother me, but I am looking to keep them under the car and in within the fender wells as much as possible...

TIA
          225/50/15 will fit with no spacers at all. I highly recommend the Falken ZE-912 for any sort of daily driving setup, it's an excellent tire that is also cheap. And you won't even need to roll the fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
            Is it safe to say that 225/45/17 at ET20 on a 17X7.5 is going to give me a laundry list of problems?
            I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowGoinE30 View Post
              Anyone had any problems of wheels rubbing on the caliper? I have some 15X7 Riken Hammers ( et35 ) I was trying to fit, first they rubbed on the strut I used some 3mm spacers and it cleared, but then the wheel hit the lower edge of the brake caliper?

I was trying to avoid having to space them too far and run into rubbing issues, I could remove some material from the lower part of the caliper, its the holding bracket I would guess you'd call it.

anyone massaged their parts with a grinder a bit to get it to fit? it's gotta only be hitting by 1mm
              I've massaged my calipers with a grinder. It was to fit 17" RS's, had to remove maybe 2-3mm. Did the trick.

But in your case, I wouldn't bother. Even with 15mm spacers you're only 4mm past what the factory put on our cars. You won't have any rubbing issues at all.

Comment

Found out that the OZs are 17x8, which will make them easier to fit. Since they're et37, could I pull off the 235/40/17s at et17 with my 20mm spacers???

BTW sorry for being a pest.
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                  Found out that the OZs are 17x8, which will make them easier to fit. Since they're et37, could I pull off the 235/40/17s at et17 with my 20mm spacers???

BTW sorry for being a pest.
                  Nah it's all good. First, I don't remember, is your car 4 or 5 lug? That changes the geometry a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Nah it's all good. First, I don't remember, is your car 4 or 5 lug? That changes the geometry a bit.
                    4 lug, otherwise I would have staggered DSIIs for sure.
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Comment

Dont know if anyone else has wondered this or tried this BUT

heres what i have found, by accident

Rear's DZ exklusiv DZ1 9x16 et30 with a 5mm spacer, running 245/35/16
                      front's DZ exklusiv DZ1 7.5x16 et15 no spacer ALSO RUNNING 245/35/16
                      didnt think it would look good or work but i was wrong on both points

LIKE A GLOVE (just rolled 1/4's not fenders, hasnt rubbed yet)

Comment

alright Mystikal I got a good one for you!

08 VW GTi w/ 17 inch wheels has a stock offset of et51. I want to fit a set of staggard 18 inch BBS RKII's

front is 18x8.5 et 32

rear is 18x10 et 40

what size tires should is super streatch to fit these wheels?

got any ideas?

edit: I did a test fit just now, and these wheels will have some pretty serious poke in the front, and a little bit in the rear. i might need to add some spacers in the rear to make the poke even. I also plan on lowering the car, so it's not going to be mexican toyota tracel on 13 inch dayton turtle car status!

BTW the tires in the pictures are 255/40/18 front and 285/40/18 rear, so there is ALOT of rubber that could go away

front:

rear:

top of front:

top of rear:

Last edited by Eric; 03-27-2009, 05:48 AM.
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                          4 lug, otherwise I would have staggered DSIIs for sure.
                          With a bit of fender pull, you can do it. It'd fit a lot better with 12mm though, but if you're willing to bend metal all the power to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            alright Mystikal I got a good one for you!

08 VW GTi w/ 17 inch wheels has a stock offset of et51. I want to fit a set of staggard 18 inch BBS RKII's

front is 18x8.5 et 32

rear is 18x10 et 40

what size tires should is super streatch to fit these wheels?

got any ideas?

edit: I did a test fit just now, and these wheels will have some pretty serious poke in the front, and a little bit in the rear. i might need to add some spacers in the rear to make the poke even. I also plan on lowering the car, so it's not going to be mexican toyota tracel on 13 inch dayton turtle car status!

BTW the tires in the pictures are 255/40/18 front and 285/40/18 rear, so there is ALOT of rubber that could go away
                            lol, you're insane.

I'd recommend 205/40/18 front (very few tires in that size though) and 225/35/18 rear. Yokohama S.Drive is decently priced in those.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              lol, you're insane.

I'd recommend 205/40/18 front (very few tires in that size though) and 225/35/18 rear. Yokohama S.Drive is decently priced in those.
                              cool, thanks for the recomendation, i didn't even think of those sizes.

do you think 215/35/18 on all 4 corners would work? this might sound stupid with my rim choice, but i like the way non staggard setups handle. haha, i should just sell the rims so i don't actually try to do this!
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I want to run 16x9 ET15 Borbet Type A's in the rear with 225/45 16 tires. Will I have to roll fenders? If I can't fit 225/45s, what is the widest/tallest tire that I can run? These will be on a '91 Cabrio with a 1/2" drop in the rear.

Thanks,
                                Frank
                                Last edited by frankiej; 03-29-2009, 11:49 AM.
                                WTB: MTech II Body Parts. Cabrio main drive bar for power top. Front valance, bend free. Perfect leather airbag wheel. "iS" Lip, any color.

PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM bimmerbumco ON EBAY

Comment

Working...
                                X