Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seph View Post
    What I have:
    1989 325ic stock with chrome bottlecaps

What I'm going to do:
    H&R Sport cabrio springs with bilstein shocks. Aftermarket wheels

What I don't know:
    A hell of a lot... and
    What is best tire/wheel choice for a smooth ride yet capable of being pushed around corners. This will NOT be a track car and I do not want coilovers as this is a cruiser/DD. I don't want to modify the fenders at this time. Maybe later though.
    The smaller the wheel, the more compliant the ride (given a constant tire). Some clean 15" BBS wheels or similar with 205/55/15 tires would be an ideal setup. Even a set of Euroweaves, which are usually for sale for a great price on here, would be nice. For tires, the Falken ZE-912 is pretty much exactly what you want.

Also just a side note, Koni dampers provide a much softer ride than the Bilsteins. MUCH.

Comment

Originally posted by ciz28 View Post
      Will 225/50R15's fit on euroweaves (15x7 et24?) without any rubbing, rolling, spacers, etc? I am currently running 205/60R14 Falken Ziex ZE-512's on basketweaves, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of clearance between the tire and the front strut housing, maybe 1/4"? I am running H&R sport springs with Bilstein sport shocks on my '91 318is, so it's a very mild drop. But if there's any chance of rubbing even with 4 adults loading the car down, I'd rather just stick with some 205/55R15's.

On a related note, would 225/50R15 tires look too fat on a 7" wheel? A 225 tire would have almost 9" of tread width which seems like a lot for a 7" wheel, whereas a 205 tire would have 8" of tread width. I'd like to maintain a nice square, properly proportioned tire.
      It will be close, but it shouldn't rub, even loaded up.

Here's a shot of my old 225 512s on a 15x7:

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
        i'm looking at 245/40/17's on a 17x9
        Rear only, or all around?

Comment

Originally posted by BadCab View Post
          I am going to pick up some used Kopi's tommorow. I am assuming they are 17x7.5 ET20. I have a 92 318ic. I understand the 215/40-17 will fit all around. Can i go to a 235/40-17 on the rear?
          Thanks
          Glen
          Not without some rather significant rear fender rolling. I've seen it done, but it did take quite a bit of work.

Comment

Here's a question. I've got both front and rear fenders rolled. Rears are fine, front fender used to rub when I had my coils in there. I'm running 225/50-15 up front. Should I bump it down to 205/55-15 instead? Would that solve the issue?
            sigpic

Comment

Oh btw it's rubbing the front fender lip when I go up driverways and stuff. That's where I run into issues.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                It will be close, but it shouldn't rub, even loaded up.
                Thanks for the reply, that picture helps a lot too!

Comment

Originally posted by optimusp517 View Post
                  Here's a question. I've got both front and rear fenders rolled. Rears are fine, front fender used to rub when I had my coils in there. I'm running 225/50-15 up front. Should I bump it down to 205/55-15 instead? Would that solve the issue?
                  What's the offset and width of the wheels?

Comment

Ok, here i go aagian.

So 15x8 et 15

So, im thinking 10mm spacer rear, nothing in front.

But for the tires, id like to avoid the baloonin tires look, so maybe a 215/45?

Or should i aim for wider?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      Ok, here i go aagian.

So 15x8 et 15

So, im thinking 10mm spacer rear, nothing in front.

But for the tires, id like to avoid the baloonin tires look, so maybe a 215/45?

Or should i aim for wider?
                      Even with a 205, you're looking at fender rolling and stiff springs to get that to work. I'd actually recommend 195/55. That's a really aggressive setup.

Comment

Alrighty. Im on IE3s, so stiff, but not coils. I may do the 195s then. Should i just do no spacers at all in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Alrighty. Im on IE3s, so stiff, but not coils. I may do the 195s then. Should i just do no spacers at all in the rear?
                          It won't hurt to mount them without the spacers to see how you like it. I'd get 205/50s, don't buy spacers off the bat, then add what you want (and subsequently roll the fenders too).

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                            It won't hurt to mount them without the spacers to see how you like it. I'd get 205/50s, don't buy spacers off the bat, then add what you want (and subsequently roll the fenders too).
                            Ok. Its worth noting my car is an early model, a little hard to tell in the sig

Comment

hey mystikal, got another one for you.

I just bought some 245/35/18 falken fk452 for a set of 18x8.5 BBS RC's in et13. how will the tire sit on the rim? blocked, bloated, stretched?

thanks
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Nevermind, wont fit.
                                Last edited by devonjordan; 05-08-2009, 07:24 AM.
                                Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Working...
                                X