Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x7 et20 on a pretty low car?
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Somewhere between dead blocked and the slightest stretch. Maybe a 87 degree angle towards stretch. No, there was no math involved in the making of that figure. :p
      haha, cool man, well blocked is good for me.

today my tires actually arrived... an inch too small :(

so now i have a set of 245/35/17 falken fk452's and i wanted 245/35/18 falkens. discount tire has them at $171 a tire or the new kuhmo XS in the same size is only $4 more at $175.

I really want to try the kuhmo XS's but i've heard that they are the competition to the falken azenis RT-615, which i have a brand new set in 215/40/17 mounted to the green M5 wheels. I origionally bought the FK452's cause they were $100 cheaper total, and i felt it would be wastefull to have 2 sets of essentially the same tire. But deep down i really wanted to buy the Kuhmos, and had to talk myself out of it with reason.

fuck this sucks!
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

keskin's KT1

do the 17x10 et 20, et 30 kt1 fit without any mods??? same question for the 17x8.5 et 20 et 30's??? i don't mind stretched tires ... how much work its involved in getting those in a 90 325i....Thanks Boss.

Comment

Hey Jay, Keskin KT1s 16x9s et10 rear, 16x9 et12 front, will they look even if I have 2.5 deg negative camber on the front? By even i mean will the rear look as poked as the front? Cheers
          sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
          Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
          NEW One on the track :)
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
          Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Hey guess im looking for a 10mm spacer and i saw that mystikal suggested this brand spacer. I was wondering if they were hub centric? And can anyone vouch for there quality?

Comment

Originally posted by AundrezIS View Post
              Hey Mystikal

I'm have 87 325is with KoniSA/ IE stage3 setup. I want to run 16x7.5 ET20 wheel all around. What size tire do recommend and will it require pulling or rolling the fenders? Thanks!
              225/45/16s will fit all around with no fender rolling. Tires are a bit rare in this size, but virtually ALL of the available ones are excellent. You can also run 215/45/16 or 205/50/16 if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                Mystikal, thanks a bunch for the info. I'd love to get the +20mm fronts but they are out of stock in that size. So I'll get the +35mm and run the 15mm spacers (hubcentric of course) to make them a +20mm basically... is that logic correct?

Glad to hear I can run 245/35/16 in the rear as I have always been a fan of meat in the rear.
                Your logic is correct.

That last line is ridiculously homosexual. I bolded it for sheer emphasis.

Comment

Originally posted by EDerty View Post
                  Got a question about wheel and tire fitment, but more keen on getting an answer for wheels.

Currently looking at getting a set of 16"x7" Rota Grids (4x100, Hub bore of 67.1) with an et 40. Now, will I need any spacers to be able to fit these? (Possibly 5mm?). If I do need spacers, what size lug bolt would be perfered. I also want to be clear that these will be on an E30 sedan.

A suggested tire size will be helpful too!

Sorry, but I'm a total noub when upgrading wheels haha
                  Thanks in advance!
                  You would actually need much larger spacers. 20mm to be exact. Buy a matching set of bolts from the vendor you get the spacers from (I recommend ECS and Turner Motorsport).

205/50/16 is a good size. You can also run 215/45/16 or 225/45/16.

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                    How are the htrz???

Herd mixed opinions about them..
                    HTR-Z III (the newest model) is downright impossibly good for the price. I'd run them without any hesitation.

The HTR-Z and HTR-Z II are downright...bad. Don't bother with either.

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                      16x7 et20 on a pretty low car?
                      Perfect. You can even throw 225/45/16 on them.

What's the deal with the onslaught of similar 16" questions? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        haha, cool man, well blocked is good for me.

today my tires actually arrived... an inch too small :(

so now i have a set of 245/35/17 falken fk452's and i wanted 245/35/18 falkens. discount tire has them at $171 a tire or the new kuhmo XS in the same size is only $4 more at $175.

I really want to try the kuhmo XS's but i've heard that they are the competition to the falken azenis RT-615, which i have a brand new set in 215/40/17 mounted to the green M5 wheels. I origionally bought the FK452's cause they were $100 cheaper total, and i felt it would be wastefull to have 2 sets of essentially the same tire. But deep down i really wanted to buy the Kuhmos, and had to talk myself out of it with reason.

fuck this sucks!
                        $4 more?! You know you want the hardcore tire!

245/35/17 is a badass tire size though. E30s love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimma View Post
                          do the 17x10 et 20, et 30 kt1 fit without any mods??? same question for the 17x8.5 et 20 et 30's??? i don't mind stretched tires ... how much work its involved in getting those in a 90 325i....Thanks Boss.
                          They fit....with a lot of fender rolling/pulling. You may need paintwork for this one.

Here's the E30-friendly setup:
                          Front: 17x8.5 ET20 - 205/40/17 tires
                          Rear: 17x10 ET20 - 225/35/17 tires

My friend ZiMMie had them on his '87. They worked well on that car with just a flat fender roll. Then we tried them on another friend's '90...yeah not so much. The later fender takes away just enough room to make the fitment VERY tough. You'd need to pull the fenders outwards to make them work.

But in the end...

...yes, that is the early model. You can imagine the problems once you have the later arches getting in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by drifty340i View Post
                            Hey Jay, Keskin KT1s 16x9s et10 rear, 16x9 et12 front, will they look even if I have 2.5 deg negative camber on the front? By even i mean will the rear look as poked as the front? Cheers
                            I usually say add 5-7mm to make it even in the rear. So you'd want to move to 8-10mm spacers in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                              Hey guess im looking for a 10mm spacer and i saw that mystikal suggested this brand spacer. I was wondering if they were hub centric? And can anyone vouch for there quality?

http://www.amimotorsports.com/store/..._detail&p=1069
                              They're not hubcentric. I must have recommended that a long, long time ago.

There was a new spacer that has 10mm and 12.5mm hubcentric for our cars, I think some guys on here tried them. Search the board for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                I usually say add 5-7mm to make it even in the rear. So you'd want to move to 8-10mm spacers in the back.
                                Awesome thanks mate ive just ordered some proper 8mm hubcentric ones
                                sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                                Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                                NEW One on the track :)
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                                Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Working...
                                X