Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheB1G Lebowski View Post
    ^^^What would make it "perfect"? I dont want that wide but its always good to know. :) Thanks. Oh and what offset should i get from the get go? If i wanted to get something with a 3" lip is there a different offset i should use? Thanks for the help. Also with the Rota slipstreams in 15x7 they list a 35 and 40 offset, what is best for me.
    17x8 +25 245/35/17 would be "perfect."

Lip depends on wheel design, and not just offset.

Neither of those Rotas will work without spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
      Thanks for keeping this thread alive mystikal!
      Do you work in a tire shop?

I have "euro weaves" w/ rolled fenders and got some free (rears only) 215/60/15s.
      Was wondering if they'd work with ie3s.

I've ran 205/60/15s all around.
      Thought those were perfect height.
      Will these 215/60/15 be a problem in the rear?
      You can go oversized on the rear without nearly as much hassle as the front, yeah.

I still wouldn't recommend that size tire though.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
        I've got 16x7 et35 wheels and will be running 205/50/16 BFG KDW2s. My car is lowered on IE3s with non-rolled fenders. From what I'm reading, I'm thinking 10mm spacers would be the ideal, right? Also, I'll be buying wheel studs, so what length will I need?
        Go with 15mm spacers. Easier to find, will look better, are universal (10s won't work with some wheels), and still won't be close to rubbing.

60mm studs would be more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaliyo View Post
          http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...81&hg=36&fg=15

What would have to be done to make this flush with a bit of poke....
          You'd have to tell me how you plan to mount them. E30 5lug, E36 5lug, adapters...can't say anything without that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            Mystical, any good with E28's?

I'm going to be fitting my ACT's on my new E28 that will be slammed, and these look like they need a stretch! what size tire should i run, and do you have a brand recommendation for all seasons?

the wheels specs are:

Fronts are 8.5Jx16H2 ET10
            Rears are 9.5Jx16H2 ET14
            I'd probably go with a 205/55 and 225/50 combo. You can downsize to 205/50 and 225/45, but tires are harder to find and you'll end up with more wheel gap.

For all-seasons that are actually capable in the snow, anything Continental or Michelin make are good to go. The new Conti DWS series is amazing (not sure if you have it over there).

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydriverx View Post
              Yooo jay.
              I got a fanboi flush question.
              I got some 17x8 et29 for the fronts. With a 205/45
              17x9 et31 for the rears. 225/45
              Im trying to get them flush. With adapters.
              Im thinking getting it down to et10 for the rears. And et5 for the fronts. Just want some help on my measurements. Its a late model e30. I don't want them to poke to the point of being rediculous. Just be nice and flush. I dont know about my tire size selection. But I want a little stretch, but something I can still drive hard on when the time comes. Sorry for the essay.
              Thanks for any help bud.
              -Andrew
              What I always say with bolt pattern conversions is to guess high. You can add spacers, but you can't subtract adapter.

Go with 20mm all around, then you can add small spacers to get it just how you want it (if you'll even need to, 17x8 +9 and 17x9 +11 is already beautiful).

For tires, your rear guess is off. Think 205/40 and 225/35, or just 215/40/17 all around. Those will all take hard driving just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                Hey Jay!
                16x8" et20 BBS RS
                with 215/45/16 DZ101.
                Any issues anywhere?
                Nope, that should be just fine.

I would run Kumho XS or Falken RT-615 though. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Flyingbricke30 View Post
                  The truck looks to have packed it in, so I might be relying on the 88 325 Auto for basic transportation this winter. Still have the bottlecaps - the suspension is lowered about 1.5"s according to the eibach sport spring kit brochure.

Want to convert the bottle caps to winter wheels and am looking at tire rack and local used snow tires on craig's list here in CT.

Question: what size tires can I get away with with these wheels and the lowered suspension?

I'm running the stock 195/65 14's w/o any rubbing - tire rack doesn't seem to offer a snow tire in that size.

I'm assuming that I can get away with 175/65 175/70 185/65 and 185/70 , but I'm not sure. 185/60 195/70??

Thanks, looking at 16" rims for the summer rubber :D
                  Every size you mentioned except 195/70 will be no problem. You may still even get away with that tall monster, but it'll be close. And it's nice to have a little space between fender and tire when there's snow caked on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster View Post
                    I plan to run 16x9 on all four or just 16x7.5 in the front and 16x9 in the rear. Do I use 5 mm up front and 10mm in the rear? Also Do i need to roll the rear fenders and longer wheel Studs? Its for a 89 325is
                    Need to know the wheel offsets here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      Nope, that should be just fine.

I would run Kumho XS or Falken RT-615 though. :p
                      I'll wait till I wear these out first.
                      By the time that comes, I'll probably get bigger lips and I'll be looking to you for more offset questions :)

Originally posted by Janderson
                      you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Every size you mentioned except 195/70 will be no problem. You may still even get away with that tall monster, but it'll be close. And it's nice to have a little space between fender and tire when there's snow caked on.
                        Thank you very much Jay. I have a lot of experience with fitting race tires under the E36 IP car with lots of ride height and camber changes, but am a complete novice with the e30. Looking forward to keeping it on the black with your help.

Thanks again.

Comment

You'd have to tell me how you plan to mount them. E30 5lug, E36 5lug, adapters...can't say anything without that.
                          Adapters
                          Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

Comment

Need to know the wheel offsets here.
                            offset 15.. also whats a good tire size?

Comment

15x8, 225/45

ET20?

Nevermind, just remembered that is the offset of the TRM C1 wheels.
                              Last edited by z31maniac; 01-07-2010, 05:47 AM.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I'd probably go with a 205/55 and 225/50 combo. You can downsize to 205/50 and 225/45, but tires are harder to find and you'll end up with more wheel gap.

For all-seasons that are actually capable in the snow, anything Continental or Michelin make are good to go. The new Conti DWS series is amazing (not sure if you have it over there).
                                Thanks for the lead on the DWS's i would have completely skipped over them.

tire rack has them in 225/50 for the rear, but for the front i can run 205/45, 50, or 55. would the 205/45 look funny on a 8.5 wide wheel? the car will be very low on ground controls, so i'm not worried about wheel gap, i'm more worried about a tire too big, or too mismatched to the rear tire.

I'm going to ask my local tire guy about these conti's so hopefully i don't have to wait 6-12 weeks for tire rack.
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X