Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    2200lbs :)

I already have the fenders cut to shit and IE flares covering up the mess i made with a grinder. I'm more wondering about the quality of the tire. maybe a 225/40/18 star specs instead???
    Jesus.

I haven't heard of any issues with the XS yet, guys are slaughtering them on the track testing their limits now. FWIW, they're also faster than the Z1. Add 20mm of section width to that, and...damn.

Comment

Originally posted by osubeaver View Post
      I'm looking at getting a set of BBS RS with the following specs

RS068
      15x7 et0
      4x98

RS069
      15x8 et12
      4x98

I know I'll need to use flexfit/wobble bolts to get the lugs to fit as well as centering rings.

What tires should I run on these? Will these fit on H&R sport (maybe additional 15mm drophat in the front) without fender modification? I'm not in to the stretched look so a decent tire width in the rear would be nice.
      You will have to roll the rear fenders to run even 205s, unfortunately. The stretch won't be very aggressive at all at that size, though.

I'd personally run 205/50 or 205/55 all around and roll the rears. On the other hand you could do 195/55 all around if you want to try to avoid doing any rolling.

Comment

I run 215/60/14 radial T/A's in the summer, and I'm trying to figure out what to do for a better performance tire. It seems that the selection in 14" sizes is rather lacking.
        The speedo seems to be nearly dead on with these tires, by the way.

I measured as best i could the tires total width, which comes out to around 225 from sidewall to sidewall. They just barely rub on the strut, enough to remove some of the white paint on the raised lettering after 10k miles or so.

I'm looking to go to a 15" wheel, mostly because I can't seem to find much in the way of 14" performance tires. I'd like as much (or more) rubber on the ground, if at all possible.
        If they're still available when purchasing time comes around, I'd like to throw 15x7 ronal turbo's on it. (such as these: http://www.tunershop.com/Wheels/15_i...x_p220836.html) I prefer the more closed looking wheels, so I'm also open to appropriately styled weaves.

if they're of any use, here's pics with my radial T/As on:

I like meat, if you can't tell.

I'm running 185/70/14 RSi's for winter and rallyx now, as they just demolish the performance of the all seasons offroad. I'm figuring that going to a better tire will provide similar improvement on paved surfaces.

So, what can I get away with? If a set of 15s have slightly less poofy sidewalls, 225 55 15? Thanks in advance.
        Last edited by u3b3rg33k; 02-12-2010, 06:00 PM.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          They are +15 all around. You likely have spacers on the front right now, you might want to verify the size of those first so I can tell you what will balance the stance.
          Yah they poke way to much in the front.

i orderd +5mm spacers for the wheels.

we will see how it goes.
          Originally posted by e30e
          lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
            I run 215/60/14 radial T/A's in the summer, and I'm trying to figure out what to do for a better performance tire. It seems that the selection in 14" sizes is rather lacking.
            The speedo seems to be nearly dead on with these tires, by the way.

I measured as best i could the tires total width, which comes out to around 225 from sidewall to sidewall. They just barely rub on the strut, enough to remove some of the white paint on the raised lettering after 10k miles or so.

I'm looking to go to a 15" wheel, mostly because I can't seem to find much in the way of 14" performance tires. I'd like as much (or more) rubber on the ground, if at all possible.
            If they're still available when purchasing time comes around, I'd like to throw 15x7 ronal turbo's on it. (such as these: http://www.tunershop.com/Wheels/15_i...x_p220836.html) I prefer the more closed looking wheels, so I'm also open to appropriately styled weaves.

if they're of any use, here's pics with my radial T/As on:

I like meat, if you can't tell.

I'm running 185/70/14 RSi's for winter and rallyx now, as they just demolish the performance of the all seasons offroad. I'm figuring that going to a better tire will provide similar improvement on paved surfaces.

So, what can I get away with? If a set of 15s have slightly less poofy sidewalls, 225 55 15? Thanks in advance.
            225/50/15 is the recommended size. I'd need to know the offset of those Ronals (can't remember at the moment) to know if they will fit though.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
              Yah they poke way to much in the front.

i orderd +5mm spacers for the wheels.

we will see how it goes.
              5mm spacers are what the front probably has, so that will NOT make the rear equal. You'd need at least 10 back there.

Comment

225/50/15 is the recommended size. I'd need to know the offset of those Ronals (can't remember at the moment) to know if they will fit though.

says either ET 27 or ET 38. Do those sound right to you?

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Jesus.

I haven't heard of any issues with the XS yet, guys are slaughtering them on the track testing their limits now. FWIW, they're also faster than the Z1. Add 20mm of section width to that, and...damn.
                  ordered... I sure hope they fit!

What is a forum with a lot of personal revies on tires? I'm guessing one heavy with auto-x guys since they seam to be OCD about tires.
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

baautox.com is a good site.

Bay area autocross forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                      baautox.com is a good site.

Bay area autocross forum.
                      If your skimming replies that looks like buttox
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

im trying to make something work...

wheels are 16x7 et11 and im going to have to run at the very least a 20mm spacer to make them work...

im on adjustables but i wanna stay pretty low. i also wanna run a decent tire nothing too stretched or tiny.

i know some fender rolling will have to happen. perhaps even alot. can i make this work?

its also a metal bumper car

TIA

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

How about non-e30? 17x8.5/9 et56 for a B5 A4 Avant. Any ideas on spacer/tire combo?
                          - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
                          Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

So what tires should i put on a set of 15X7 wheels that will spend time on a stock car? Range of options? I was thinking something like 205/50?
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

yea 205 50 15 is what I was going to use on them.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Alright Jay, here's what I'm planning:

16x7.5 ACT weaves, they are 5x120, ET30. I'll be running 20mm adapters, putting them at ET10, correct? Will a 205/50/16 fit under there? My front fenders are rolled, rears are not yet, but will be. If that's too much, I have no issue with a little stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X