Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont like the poked look or the severely stretched tire look, but I really like the flush look. I am looking at buying a set of staggered wheels, front- 16x8" et20 and Rear- 16x8.25" et0. I have mildly rolled rears and Race springs with billy sports. Will this setup work and if so what tire sizes should I run to make them appear to be the same sidewall height and shape?
    450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

I tried to search through the thread and didn't see very promising news but I'll ask to be sure.

I have a set of 16x8 et0 and et16. They're 5 lug so I'd need to run adapters and the smallest I found are ~18mm. Does that translate to around an et-18/et-2? Will that even fit? If so, what size tire would be good?
      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

I see you posted that 195/45 will fit the vette salad shooters (16x8.5)

What's your take on a tire that fits a little smaller without that stretched look?

Comment

Anybody have a clue as to the setup on this car? Sizes, offset, tire, ect.

Comment

Hey guys, I just picked up a staggered set of BBS RS's, measuring 16x7 et43.9 and 16x8 et 39.9.

What size spacers, bolts, and tires do I need? Do I have options? What's the "best"?
            1985 325e
            mods:
            Powerflex CABs
            MOMO Corse Exhaust
            euro bumpers with BBS front spoiler
            e36 m3 shifter
            uuc clutch stop

Comment

Got Borbet A's 16x9 ET15 all round with 205/45/16, will Variant 1 KW coilovers get me stanced?

By inkar at 2012-01-25
              photo of back stock height with wheels on

Comment

I am lowered on vogtland springs with stagg shocks. Considering getting ESM wheels.

should i get staggered setup or 16x7.5 all around? And what size tire to fill in the wheel gap that i do have.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Robgrover View Post
                  I have a 88 325 with Billi Sport struts and H&R sport springs. I am wonder what the best performance tire option is? I only drive my car in the summer. I have no problem running a staggered set up, but I HATE the stretched tire look. I saw you mention the ARC-8's 17x8, is that about the best reasonably priced setup?
                  Best reasonably priced is probably the TRM 15x8s at Tire Rack with a stick 205/50 or 225/50.

Best overall (it costs more) is probably the ARC-8s.

Comment

Originally posted by RagtopE30 View Post
                    I dont like the poked look or the severely stretched tire look, but I really like the flush look. I am looking at buying a set of staggered wheels, front- 16x8" et20 and Rear- 16x8.25" et0. I have mildly rolled rears and Race springs with billy sports. Will this setup work and if so what tire sizes should I run to make them appear to be the same sidewall height and shape?
                    +0 will not fit how you want at all. 16x8 +20 all around on the other hand is ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                      I tried to search through the thread and didn't see very promising news but I'll ask to be sure.

I have a set of 16x8 et0 and et16. They're 5 lug so I'd need to run adapters and the smallest I found are ~18mm. Does that translate to around an et-18/et-2? Will that even fit? If so, what size tire would be good?
                      You're right, they won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                        I see you posted that 195/45 will fit the vette salad shooters (16x8.5)

What's your take on a tire that fits a little smaller without that stretched look?
                        Not sure what you're asking...you just want a slightly larger tire recommendation? 205/45?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer86 View Post
                          Anybody have a clue as to the setup on this car? Sizes, offset, tire, ect.

My friend's car actually. 16x9 all around, 3 or 5mm front spacers, 215/40/16.

Comment

Originally posted by mikejungle View Post
                            Hey guys, I just picked up a staggered set of BBS RS's, measuring 16x7 et43.9 and 16x8 et 39.9.

What size spacers, bolts, and tires do I need? Do I have options? What's the "best"?
                            Do you want big tires or flush fitment? Or a mix of both?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkar View Post
                              Got Borbet A's 16x9 ET15 all round with 205/45/16, will Variant 1 KW coilovers get me stanced?
                              Yes they will. You'll need small front spacers to clear your KWs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Niko View Post
                                I am lowered on vogtland springs with stagg shocks. Considering getting ESM wheels.

should i get staggered setup or 16x7.5 all around? And what size tire to fill in the wheel gap that i do have.

thanks
                                That's a subjective decision, can't tell you if you like the 7.5" or 9" more. Choose whichever makes you happier, but know how they both look first (search).

205/45 is a solid choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X