Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
    As previously stated in this thread, 15x8 et15 will barely work and is quite agressive depending on the tire choice.

15x8.5 et17 with a 30mm spacer will put your final offset at -13. There's no way that's going to work at all. That's going to stick out almost 3 inches farther than the stock rims. 17mm spacers would put you at et0 in the front. See below:

You might be able to get away with those wheels with no spacers at all, depending on your chosen tire size.
    i will be running 165-45s and ive seen people run 9 et0 in the rear and it sit perfectly flush. i have an eta and im not planning on making it a track car or anything. my question wasnt about the front with the adapters, because ive seen it already and i know it will work.

ive tried on a set of 15x8 et25 wheels and they would not fit because they clipped my strut housing. that is the main reason i was asking. and as for the rear you do realize that 15x8.5 et -13 is exactly the same as 15x9 et0 which i have seen done before and it looks proper.

so back to the original question which is a yes or no answer, will 15x8.5 et17 fit on the front of the car without having any clearance issues?

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

16x8 +5 (FRONT & REAR wheels)

195/50 r16 tires

I.E. springs

Billy's x 4

Late body E30, how much of a roll am I looking at here? A lot or a Little? Thanks again.
      WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

ive got et5 8" in front with 205/45 r16 tyres. really i could go to 215s but i dont want to push it cos as it is on full lock over bumps or a steep change in pitch such as a steep driveway it catches the gaurds.

i feel et10 on a 8" all round with wider tyres like a 225 is ideal for 8" wide wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwcalvin View Post
          17x8 et38 and I would need to run adapters since they are five lug. Would I be able to run these wheels with an 18mm adapter and a fender roll??
          Yup, that's a great fitment. You can run 215/40 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredguy View Post
            i will be running 165-45s and ive seen people run 9 et0 in the rear and it sit perfectly flush. i have an eta and im not planning on making it a track car or anything. my question wasnt about the front with the adapters, because ive seen it already and i know it will work.

ive tried on a set of 15x8 et25 wheels and they would not fit because they clipped my strut housing. that is the main reason i was asking. and as for the rear you do realize that 15x8.5 et -13 is exactly the same as 15x9 et0 which i have seen done before and it looks proper.

so back to the original question which is a yes or no answer, will 15x8.5 et17 fit on the front of the car without having any clearance issues?
            Yes, 15x8 +25 hits the struts. 15x8 +22 does not. 15x8.5 +17 therefore will be on the knife edge, you may need a 3mm universal spacer depending on the tire's shape.

15x8.5 -13 and 15x9 +0 are very different. Yes, the wheel ends at the same point. However, the tire's centerline and shape will make fitment MUCH more difficult than the 15x9. The +0 setup will pull the tire inside more. The -13 setup is substantially more difficult to fit. There's a reason guys with the most impressive fitment are running the widest wheels, you can't get the same dialed-in look by lowering offsets.

Comment

Originally posted by AE86 View Post
              16x8 +5 (FRONT & REAR wheels)

195/50 r16 tires

I.E. springs

Billy's x 4

Late body E30, how much of a roll am I looking at here? A lot or a Little? Thanks again.
              Lots in the rear, a little in the front (thats what she said). I'd suggest 195/45 or 205/45 instead, the tall 195/50 tire will make fitment more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by e30leigh View Post
                i feel et10 on a 8" all round with wider tyres like a 225 is ideal for 8" wide wheels.
                I know you didn't ask anything but I want to clear that up. +20 8" all around with a 225 and a rear roll is ideal, +10 would rub badly.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneGuy97 View Post
                  Alright Bmw fans i have a alpine white 1988 325ix and im
                  looking to give her a new pair of kicks. Anyways the wheels
                  i am looking at are some 16x8 +10mm offset Rota Grids
                  (click link for wheels) and im wondering will these fit on the
                  car with stock suspension(coilovers later) or will i need to
                  buy spacers becuase of the offset? If so what size? Thanks
                  for reading
                  Wheels: http://www.racinglab.com/rota-grid-0016.html
                  unfortunately, way too low of an offset for an ix. for an 8" wide wheel you need an offset around 30mm to fit a 205 or larger (205 is the stock width). ET10 is out of the question unless you jack up the car and run 185s. :p

spacers will make it worse, not better.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Yes, 15x8 +25 hits the struts. 15x8 +22 does not. 15x8.5 +17 therefore will be on the knife edge, you may need a 3mm universal spacer depending on the tire's shape.

15x8.5 -13 and 15x9 +0 are very different. Yes, the wheel ends at the same point. However, the tire's centerline and shape will make fitment MUCH more difficult than the 15x9. The +0 setup will pull the tire inside more. The -13 setup is substantially more difficult to fit. There's a reason guys with the most impressive fitment are running the widest wheels, you can't get the same dialed-in look by lowering offsets.
                    alright thanks. and ive been rethinking the 30mm spacer in the back also. i will probably be running a little negative offset, but definately not -13mm. im picking up the wheels next week so ill wait and actually do the measurements when i get the wheels.

also you said about the shape of the tire in the front. i really dont think ill have to worry much about that because like i said before im buying the wheel/tires together from a friend and the tires are 165-45 which is a pretty agressive stretch and i dont think the tire will poke out past the wheel

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bmwcalvin
                      17x8 et38 and I would need to run adapters since they are five lug. Would I be able to run these wheels with an 18mm adapter and a fender roll?

Yup, that's a great fitment. You can run 215/40 tires.
                      What if I want a little stretch on the tire and the wheels to be almost flush?
                      Thanks!
                      Originally posted by IRON-E
                      Skirtz are for zeh womenzzzz....

Comment

Originally posted by bmwcalvin View Post
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by bmwcalvin
                        17x8 et38 and I would need to run adapters since they are five lug. Would I be able to run these wheels with an 18mm adapter and a fender roll?

What if I want a little stretch on the tire and the wheels to be almost flush?
                        Thanks!
                        25mm adapters and 205/40 tires.

Comment

Thanks! I'll post pics once I get this done!
                          Originally posted by IRON-E
                          Skirtz are for zeh womenzzzz....

Comment

Looking at the 16x8 et10 running a 205/50/16 tyre with early rear arches do you know if these rims will clear the brakes in the front, and if this tyre size will work in the rear.

The et20 set wont clear the front brakes and i dont really want to run 16x8 et0

Thanks!

Comment

1989 e30 325i touring.

Wheels -
                              Fronts - 15x8 +12 bbsRS
                              Rears - 15x9 +3 bbsRS

I was thinking 195/45/15 Toyo T1r all round? Opinions

Suspension is ground control coil-overs. Planning on going fairly low.
                              E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
                              sigpic

Comment

5x130. 16x7.5 et32 16x9 et 38

I would ideally run 18 or 20 mm adapters.

205/45 front 215/45 rear would be nice. Just needs a rear roll.
                                How would 25mm adapters work for this fitment? I have a source on some and trying to determine if the final offsets are too low?

Thanks again!!

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Working...
                                X