Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks!

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Go 16x9 all around for sure. Also, BC's are one of the rare coilovers that GAINS front inner clearance on these cars. No spacers needed. I'd suggest 205/45 though, it actually looks LESS stretched than the 215/40 and gives you some more ground clearance.

Comment

Go 16x9 all around for sure. Also, BC's are one of the rare coilovers that GAINS front inner clearance on these cars. No spacers needed. I'd suggest 205/45 though, it actually looks LESS stretched than the 215/40 and gives you some more ground clearance.
      What would you say is the best brand of 205/45 to stretch over a 9"?

I have seen some that look good on tyrestretch and some that look like balloons/donuts. (glazed donuts with armor all) I want as square of a sidewall as possible if that makes sense
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drummerchubbs View Post
        Will 235/45/17 on style 5s fit under a stock e28 m5? I might lower 1.5" soon too.
        I think so. Not 100%, but a search on mye28 would fix that quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ruff561 View Post
          Thanks for the response. What if I wanted to go 16x7 up front. Flush stance. What et???? What tire size???? That would be with h&r and billy sports. On my 1991 e30 vert. I would like to run 225/45/16.
          +15 for the 225.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCab View Post
            What would you say is the best brand of 205/45 to stretch over a 9"?

I have seen some that look good on tyrestretch and some that look like balloons/donuts. (glazed donuts with armor all) I want as square of a sidewall as possible if that makes sense
            Anything that doesn't run abnormally wide. I'd stay away from all BFG tires and the Yoko s.drive. If you want to really get it right go on tirerack and compare the section width for each tire you're interested in. You'll find variations, and the narrower ones will look better stretched in this application.

Comment

I have a 1986 325es coupe. I have 16x8 +0 wheels what do I need for this set? I'm also looking into Rotiform blq's which are 17x8 +20 with 205/40/17 would those clear? I'm getting coilovers, I'm not sure what will look better, 16" or 17"

Comment

I am currently having a set of 17x8 style 5s filled and drilled for my e30. I have an '88 325i convertible lowered on H&R sports and bilstein sports. My car is lowered, but not slammed and I'm not sure what tire size to go with... 205 40 17 or 205 45 17. I wanna fill the wheel well without having to roll my fenders. Any suggestions or pics of verts with a similar set up would be appreciated.

Comment

I am about to buy 17" CCW LM20 or 17" CCW Classics have not decided. I have GC Street touring suspension set up. I don't know what offset,tire size, and wheel width combo to use. I don't want overly negative cambered wheels, I want it to look flush. I am also having difficulty determining what size lip to use. I was thinking 1.5" on front and 2.5" on rear.. Does anybody have experience with these types of wheels or have pictures of installed wheels with different lip sizes? Trying not to spend $3000 and get the wrong combo/look. Thanks for any help

Comment

The rears will be a very difficult fitment. Guys usually run 225/35 with those and still have to work the fenders heavily. The fronts are also tall, expect some inner fender rubbing near full lock.
                    ref: 235/40/R17 on 17x10 et 20

Yes, but is it possible?!?

if I cut the inner sheet metal of the fender?
                    E30 now S52
                    2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                    325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EasyThreezy View Post
                      I have a 1986 325es coupe. I have 16x8 +0 wheels what do I need for this set? I'm also looking into Rotiform blq's which are 17x8 +20 with 205/40/17 would those clear? I'm getting coilovers, I'm not sure what will look better, 16" or 17"
                      195/45 tires and a rear fender roll. BLQs will work, you can use a 215/40 tire on those if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by tismael711 View Post
                        i am currently having a set of 17x8 style 5s filled and drilled for my e30. I have an '88 325i convertible lowered on h&r sports and bilstein sports. My car is lowered, but not slammed and i'm not sure what tire size to go with... 205 40 17 or 205 45 17. I wanna fill the wheel well without having to roll my fenders. Any suggestions or pics of verts with a similar set up would be appreciated.
                        215/40.

Comment

Originally posted by BadfishTX View Post
                          I am about to buy 17" CCW LM20 or 17" CCW Classics have not decided. I have GC Street touring suspension set up. I don't know what offset,tire size, and wheel width combo to use. I don't want overly negative cambered wheels, I want it to look flush. I am also having difficulty determining what size lip to use. I was thinking 1.5" on front and 2.5" on rear.. Does anybody have experience with these types of wheels or have pictures of installed wheels with different lip sizes? Trying not to spend $3000 and get the wrong combo/look. Thanks for any help
                          F: 17x8 +15 205/40
                          R: 17x9 +20 215/40

That setup is about halfway between "normal" and stretched/flush. You'll need a rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
                            ref: 235/40/R17 on 17x10 et 20

Yes, but is it possible?!?

if I cut the inner sheet metal of the fender?
                            Anything is possible with enough modification, but for anything resembling stock fender lines they won't work.

Comment

17x8 et2 in front et-3 in rear.

Is 215/40/17 doable? Would I need a heavy roll?

Early model rear arches.

Comment

I'm about to pull the trigger on some ESM 15x8 / 4x100 (offset 15, hub bore 57.1) and thinking about running 205/50/15. Some questions:

1. Is this a direct fit?
                                2. Can I go bigger with tire size without rolling fenders - say 225/50/15?
                                3. With the 15" wheels, do I need to buy new lug bolts and if so, what size? Any good places to buy lug bolts?

Comment

Working...
                                X