Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be required to fit 17x8 ET60 wheels with 215/40/17's?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Great tire choice. The Rota group purchase is on Bimmerforums.com; 18racing.com stocks the 17x8 and 17x8.5 Rota D2; and there is another supplier which stocks 17x8 ET32 Rota Boost (sorry, I'd give you the link but I'm on my work PC).

Jay
      I think I’ll go with the Rota Boost wheels. When you get home, could you could post a link to the supplier that stocks these?

Thanks!!
      - 1987 BMW 325is
      - 2002 BMW M3
      - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Comment

Originally posted by KevRC4130 View Post
        What would be required to fit 17x8 ET60 wheels with 215/40/17's?

Thanks
        Where are you finding 17x8 ET60 wheels in 4x100?

In any case 35mm adaptors would be the best bet. These are the type of spacer that bolt to the hubs using their own hardware, essentially extending the hub. The wheel then bolts to the adaptor with the stock lugs. With this same setup, 235/40/17 will also be mountable (with fender rolling).

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          I think I’ll go with the Rota Boost wheels. When you get home, could you could post a link to the supplier that stocks these?

Thanks!!
          Found it in an old post on here (I'm still at work...ugh).

Comment

Where are you finding 17x8 ET60 wheels in 4x100?

In any case 35mm adaptors would be the best bet. These are the type of spacer that bolt to the hubs using their own hardware, essentially extending the hub. The wheel then bolts to the adaptor with the stock lugs. With this same setup, 235/40/17 will also be mountable (with fender rolling).
            They're RH ZW-1's... Can you possibly provide me with a link to what I should be looking at? All I can really find are the 4-to-5 lug adapters that the VW guys use for Porsche wheels, and ones for Dually trucks...

EDIT: Also, can a traditional spacer be run on top of the adapter? For example, if the wheels had a 20mm adapter, could I use a 15mm spacer in addition?

Thanks
            Last edited by KevRC4130; 03-31-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

http://www.amimotorsports.com/oldsite/tires.htm and click the spacer application guide.

Yes, you can stack them. But it would be much easier to just have custom ones made.

Comment

Found it in an old post on here (I'm still at work...ugh).

http://www.modacar.com/Merchant2/mer...=ROTA&Carb=All
                Thanks!! I just placed an order for a set.
                - 1987 BMW 325is
                - 2002 BMW M3
                - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Comment

After reading through this I was left with a bit of a question / conflicting answers.

So would a 16x7 ET35 running 225/46/16 RS2's require any sort of spacer, fender work, etc? Or should I just get a 205/50 and not worry / sacrifice grip for fit?
                  Sold my Sepang Bronze 1990 325is and miss it already

Comment

i'm looking at getting these mesh replicas....

what size tire should i look at to make these 16x7 et20 rims fit ???

my car is lowered already and i'm open to rolling my fenders.....

My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by dmoffitt View Post
                      After reading through this I was left with a bit of a question / conflicting answers.

So would a 16x7 ET35 running 225/46/16 RS2's require any sort of spacer, fender work, etc? Or should I just get a 205/50 and not worry / sacrifice grip for fit?
                      That setup without spacers will be either extremely close to the strut or just plain rubbing it.

If you run 15mm hubcentric spacers, you will need to roll the fenders. This is the best combo though.

Comment

Originally posted by moreoff View Post
                        i'm looking at getting these mesh replicas....

what size tire should i look at to make these 16x7 et20 rims fit ???

my car is lowered already and i'm open to rolling my fenders.....
                        205/50/16 will fit without rubbing.

225/45/16 may require a fender roll (but maybe not since your car is an '87 with higher rear arches).

Comment

Thanks. Is there an in-between route, like a 5 or 10mm spacer that'd do the trick? I'm hoping to avoid spacers period but finding 15-16" x 7-7.5" ET2x rims is a PITA :(
                          Sold my Sepang Bronze 1990 325is and miss it already

Comment

205/50/16 will fit without rubbing.

225/45/16 may require a fender roll (but maybe not since your car is an '87 with higher rear arches).
                            my car is an 88.....plastic bumpers....

anyways... ive been looking at the sportmax 002 16x8 et15 or et0

i think i'm gona go with the et15, thoughts ?
                            My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by dmoffitt View Post
                              Thanks. Is there an in-between route, like a 5 or 10mm spacer that'd do the trick? I'm hoping to avoid spacers period but finding 15-16" x 7-7.5" ET2x rims is a PITA :(
                              Spacers bigger than 5mm but smaller than 15mm are not hubcentric. You will get vibrations, and overall it's not really safe.

The only exception to this rule is spacers with oversized outer bores, meaning the wheel is not 57.1mm. But then we're getting into custom spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by moreoff View Post
                                my car is an 88.....plastic bumpers....

anyways... ive been looking at the sportmax 002 16x8 et15 or et0

i think i'm gona go with the et15, thoughts ?
                                ET15. Run 205 tires to avoid rolling the fenders, 215 or 225 if you want to flatten the lips completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X