Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by sLEEP View Post
    I'm looking at some work emotions for my 325is. Debating if I should go 16 or 17 inch.

My options for 16 are
    16x5.5 ET +45
    16x6.5 ET +50
    16X6.5 ET +38

My options for 17s are
    17x7 ET +47
    17x7 ET +50

So I'm wondering if any one here as ran any of these fits and what with tires, any input would be helpful.
    Going to need mega spacers/adapters for any of those. I'd choose the widest/lowest offset option and be prepared to run a lot of spacer if you're hellbent on running these wheels.

That 17x7 ET47 would need a 23mm spacer just to fit like a stock 15x7 ET24 Euroweave, the 16X6.5 ET +38 would need 20mm spacers.

Rev Run D Same for those 16x7+38, would need 14mm worth of spacer just to make it fit like a Euroweave, probably another 10-15 to make it fit like you would want (or maybe less depending on how wide the 225's run)

Leave a comment:

• Rev Run D
    replied
    Got a set of 16x7+38 wrapped in 225/50R16 tires. I'm guessing it won't fit, due to the high offset. Would 10mm or so spacers give me enough clearance, and if so will it push the tire out too far?

Leave a comment:

• bmw_builds
    replied
    I am looking for better fitment of my 225/45/16 r888r tire on my 5 lug swap car. I am currently on style 5 16x8 +25 and it is not enough offset. The tire rubs the fender very bad and I could only run this setup with a lot of camber or lifted max or maybe higher on my ground control coilovers. I have found a new wheel I like but it is either fake or hard to find. Can someone help me find the z3 bbs 16x7 5x120 +45 part number:36111180410 or part number:1180410? I have found this wheel on two refurbishing websites but they do not have them. Any info or correction on my research would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sLEEP
    replied
    I'm looking at some work emotions for my 325is. Debating if I should go 16 or 17 inch.

My options for 16 are
    16x5.5 ET +45
    16x6.5 ET +50
    16X6.5 ET +38

My options for 17s are
    17x7 ET +47
    17x7 ET +50

So I'm wondering if any one here as ran any of these fits and what with tires, any input would be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• vics.e30.ix
    replied
    Has anyone run 17 x 8.5 ET40 on their iX? Is 8.5 too wide? Would I be able to put a 5mm spacer on my IX?

Leave a comment:

• MkII
    replied
    I recently purchased a set of 3 piece Simmons wheels which I measured as 16x7 +26. I was planning on keeping them as is for a while with some new 205/50R16 tyres but unfortunately they're a bit rough and really need a rebuild.

While I'm going to the effort I'm wondering if it's worthwile adding wider lips to fill the guards a bit better. The barrels are 5.5" and lips are 1.5". If my calculations are correct, if I order 2.5" lips the wheels will become 16x8 +13. Will these fit? I'm guessing that for these wider wheels I should get 215/45R16 tyres?

I have a late model e30 which is currently on Eibach Pro springs and Bilstein sport shocks (hopefully coilovers in the future). It's mostly a street car but would like to get it to a couple of track days and don't want to sacrifice performance for a stanced look. Any help is appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• glnr13
    replied
    Originally posted by bshi View Post
    Hi 1987 325 convertible, wheels enkei 92 15x8 et25 Bilstein sport + h&r springs
    What tire size should i get? Spacers size if necessary?
    i dont want rolling fenders
    3-5mm up front to clear strut and caliper.
    h&r race you will rub on the fenders at turn in and under compression (like turning into a driveway)
    h&r sport should clear fenders but i personally would roll just to be safe.
    205/50-15 looks a tiny bit stretched. 225/45-15 fits better but very few options.

Leave a comment:

• bshi
    replied
    Hi 1987 325 convertible, wheels enkei 92 15x8 et25 Bilstein sport + h&r springs
    What tire size should i get? Spacers size if necessary?
    i dont want rolling fenders

Leave a comment:

• 88 ragtop
    replied
    Hey dudes
    Need some fitment help on an 88 cabby.So I getting ready to install the BBK kit sold by Elcoy. I have a set of old school 16x8 et 23 Mo Mo pentastars and after looking on “will it fit” they appear that they will if I use like 205/45 16 ( I really want to run 215/45 or 50 16’s )After I install the kit, it will make the front wheels poke an additional 13 mm more than stock. Will I have fitment problems and will I have to severely roll the front fender lips. I don’t care about rubbing on the back because I will just modify the out wheel house a bit on the inside and do a slight roll on the lip. HELP!!!!!!!

Geoff.
    Last edited by 88 ragtop; 05-06-2021, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hteverow
    replied
    Originally posted by grantmiller1 View Post

I'm looking at this exact setup (just with Alpina replicas from Ireland Engineering) 16x7 ET28 on 205/50R16 tires. I've looked at the willtheyfit.com website and measured the increase in tire/wheel width and it looks like they'll fit.

Did you end up going with this setup? Did it work?

I did purchase this setup. You'll save money ordering the wheels from Greg Gear Head or straight from Maxilite. They fit nicely with no rubbing or any other problems. I've got them clothed in 205/50 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s which are nice, but result in pretty light-weight steering effort--I think BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2s might make the steering a little weightier.

The only problem I've experienced is that I'm unable to get the center caps to sit flush on the face of the wheel. I've contacted the store about that and posted a thread on here to see if anyone has trouble-shooting suggestions. If I can't get the center caps in, it's not the end of the world, since they still look cool without them.

Leave a comment:

• grantmiller1
    replied
    Originally posted by hteverow View Post
    I'm interested in getting some of the 16x7 Maxilite Alpina replicas for my 1993 E30 318i Touring. They are ET28 with a 4x100 bolt pattern. I would most likely put on 205/50/R16s on them, a square set-up all around. Would these rub, or require spacers, or any other modifications? Would they retain the nice stock handling of my current 4x100 14" basketweaves?

I'm looking at this exact setup (just with Alpina replicas from Ireland Engineering) 16x7 ET28 on 205/50R16 tires. I've looked at the willtheyfit.com website and measured the increase in tire/wheel width and it looks like they'll fit.

Did you end up going with this setup? Did it work?

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    205/55R15 actually matches the stock E30 rolling diameter (23.9" or something like that). It shouldn't rub. There are more tire options now than I thought there would be too.

Leave a comment:

• Jorgeb
    replied
    Hey folks,
    I'm getting ready to buy new tires. Currently, I've got 205/50s on 15" basketweaves. My car is on H&R Race springs, E90 drop hats, and a 15mm riser pad in the back to reduce the saggy rear end look.
    Anyway, I was thinking about trying to find some 0205/55s, and wondering if anyone has any experience here? Am I going to rub?
    I'm looking to get rid of that wheel gap, and wouldn't mind some meatier tires. Current setup picture attached.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PaulEZ
    replied
    Looking to purchase 17x8 wheels and have the option to go et30 or et42. Car is on GC coilovers and fenders are rolled. Which is the best option and why?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• onlyindef
    replied
    235/40/17 on konigs 17x8 et35. 3mm spacer up front and 15 rear. 5 lug swap. If your roll the fenders I’m sure 245 could fit up front. For the rear we all know you can get something meaty back there with the right off set and width wheels.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X