Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks alot Jay...your input is greatly appreciated
    sigpic

Comment

i have 16x8 +20 rota slipstreams, what size tires could i use without rolling the fenders? would 225-50-16's work or are they too tall?
      sigpic

auto-x vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3D-RmsTjFh8

Comment

Thats too tall. You will want a 225 45-16
        sigpic

Comment

will those fit without rolling the fenders?
          sigpic

Comment

Which size of the three ContiExtremeContacts (in 15s) would fit Ronals the best?

205/55VR15
            205/65VR15
            225/60VR15

I'm running on IE3s, and I noticed that the overall diameter was a bit larger than the current AVS ES100s on the car.
            Last edited by hamann318is; 01-04-2008, 09:35 AM.
            The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam C. View Post
              i have 16x8 +20 rota slipstreams, what size tires could i use without rolling the fenders? would 225-50-16's work or are they too tall?
              Too tall, and even a 225/45/16 will require heavy fender rolling. 205/50/16 would be alot easier, and still would probably need a light roll in the back.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is View Post
                Which size of the three ContiExtremeContacts (in 15s) would fit Ronals the best?

205/55VR15
                205/65VR15
                225/60VR15

I'm running on IE3s, and I noticed that the overall diameter was a bit larger than the current AVS ES100s on the car.
                205/55/15 is the only usable tire there. It's also a stock size, so you'll be perfect.

On a side note, I friggin love those tires as my winter set. It's a REAL all-season tire, blows my mind.

Jay

Comment

what about 205/45/16? what involves "heavy" fender rolling?
                  sigpic

Comment

what about 205/45/16? what involves "heavy" fender rolling?
                    Paint, mainly. Unless you have stiff coilovers (linear springs, high rate) and are very careful with the roller as you flare it out...225/45/16 on Slipstreams is a hard fit without painting the fenders afterwards.

With 205/45/16, you should be fine, even without rolling.

Jay

Comment

You da man Jay.

So what you're saying is besides the fact that the spacers are going to bump the price up, everything will work out?

Am I going to need hub rings to make everything ride ok? It seems that I'm going to either pay a ton of money for the rims I want, or buy copies for uber cheap only for a Civic fitment. From what Im gathering, the only difference in Civic fitment and E30 fitment is the hub bore and the offset.

So if I got the rims. Bought 15 mm spacers. And put my tires on, everything should be good?

I thought about Rotas, but dont really care for them like I do other rims.
                      Thanks again for your help
                      Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      Haha, yo scabzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If cheap is the goal, spacers aren't really logical. They add a huge cost to the price. That said, if you can swing 'em the 225's will look perfect on those rims with 15mm spacers.

Otherwise, a good cheap option is the 15x8 Rota Slipstreams. Still JDM look, but wider, no centering rings, and no spacers. Just a thought.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        With 205/45/16, you should be fine, even without rolling.

Jay
                        i plan on having bilstein sport/H&R race springs, will that tire size still be good? sorry for all the questions too:shock:
                        sigpic

Comment

Aren't 225/45/16 on 16x8 Rota Slips going to result in alot of stretch? I have a set of these wheels and want to find something with a low sidewal profile, or even 245's..

Comment

i plan on having bilstein sport/H&R race springs, will that tire size still be good? sorry for all the questions too:shock:
                            Yeah you'll be fine. All of my wheel/tire advice is given with the assumption that the car can be lowered drastically.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by deansbimmer View Post
                              Aren't 225/45/16 on 16x8 Rota Slips going to result in alot of stretch? I have a set of these wheels and want to find something with a low sidewal profile, or even 245's..
                              No, that's just about perfectly square. Even BMW puts 225's on their 8" wide rims from the factory.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                                You da man Jay.

So what you're saying is besides the fact that the spacers are going to bump the price up, everything will work out?

Am I going to need hub rings to make everything ride ok? It seems that I'm going to either pay a ton of money for the rims I want, or buy copies for uber cheap only for a Civic fitment. From what Im gathering, the only difference in Civic fitment and E30 fitment is the hub bore and the offset.

So if I got the rims. Bought 15 mm spacers. And put my tires on, everything should be good?

I thought about Rotas, but dont really care for them like I do other rims.
                                Thanks again for your help
                                You'll need hubcentric rings, yeah. Everything else is as I said.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X